Harrison School District 2
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Community Connections Coach
at Harrison School District 2
Openings as of 10/16/2019
- Community Connections Coach JobID: 4542
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
Until Filled For 2019-2020 School Year
- Teach and coach students in job searching, interviewing, grooming, living and transportation skills and appropriate behaviors. Transport students to work sites and job interviews. Conduct work evaluations. Build an bank of job opportunities for students with disabilities by establishing relationships with employers and by soliciting jobs. Participate in transition planning.
- Coach students on appropriate work behaviors.
- Transport students to work sites and job interviews. Teach mobility skills to students (i.e. bus riding, crossing streets, etc.)
- Teach and coach students in job search skills and interview skills.
- Maintain notebooks and write reports on student work. Conduct work evaluation of students on jobs and keep records of student attendance at work site.
- Attend various meetings including: Individualized Education Plan (IEP) meetings, transition meetings and department and/or transition team meetings.
- Assist students with job related academics
- Teach and coach students in grooming skills and daily living skills as they relate to employment.
- Build a bank of job opportunities by establishing relationships with employers and soliciting jobs for students with disabilities. Develop work contracts with employers, parents and students; and consult with employers regarding liability when employing disabled students.
- Assist in IEP development and transition plan development.
- Work with community agencies i.e. Goodwill, housing department, and Vocational Rehabilitation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have 48+ college semester hours, AA degree or higher or have passed the WorkKeys Exam.
- 0 – 2 years experience.
- Knowledge of adolescent development, behavior management, and disability categories.
- Knowledge of the community and employment opportunities is also preferred.
- CPR and First Aid required.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Criminal background checks and District fingerprinting required.
183 work day calendar
Must apply online at and set up application file. Once you have completed your file, you must apply for each vacancy from the website that is of interest to you to be considered a candidate.
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
FLSA Status: Non Exempt