Harrison School District 2
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Harrison School District 2
Openings as of 10/19/2019
- Bus Driver JobID: 4414
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
Until Filled For 2019-2020 School Year
- Drive school bus over assigned route, while abiding by all Federal, State, and District rules and regulations. Manage passenger conduct and ensure vehicle and passenger safety.
- Transport passengers to and from school and school to school in a safe and timely manner in all weather conditions.
- Educate students on bus rules. Enforce school regulations regarding student discipline. Establish and maintain good student relations. Report to proper school administrators issues requring student discipline and parent notification.
- Provide care and assistance, as needed, to passengers entering and exiting the bus, during transportation, and crossing the street. Provides necessary assistance to disabled students.
- Inspect all equipment, instruments, safety devices on vehicle to ensure compliance with all Colorado Department of Transportatopm amd District policies.
- Complete trip documentation including mileage logs, incident reports, emergency reports, and detailed instructions for routes.
- Complete and submit work requests to Fleet Services for items needing repair on vehicle.
- Maintain correct fuel and other fluid levels in vehicle.
- Participate in focus groups and transportation committees. Assist in the training of other drivers.
- Prevent the spread of contagious bacteria by manually washing and disinfecting the exterior and interior of the bus.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Attend in-service training sessions and complete annual written and driving tests to maintain skills and ensure compliance for commerical license certification and District and State requirements.
- Commercial Driver’s License and Class “B” license with P2S endorsement preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 0– 2 years experience in driving a bus or truck preferred.
- Experience operating a school bus or other large equipment, special needs equipment, and bus wash equipment
- Experience dealing with children and children with special needs preferred.
- Ability to promote and follow Board of Education Coherent Governance Policies, Ditrict policies and building and department procedures; communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with people from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds and recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
- Completion of Department of Transportation physical and drug and alcohol screening required.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Criminal background checks and District fingerprinting required.
183 work day calendar
Must apply online at and set up application file. Once you have completed your file, you must apply for each vacancy from the website that is of interest to you to be considered a candidate.
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
FLSA Status: Non Exempt