General Dynamics Mission Systems
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Software Engineer Enterprise Services
at General Dynamics Mission Systems
- Job Location
- USA-CO-Colorado Springs
- Required Clearance
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Hiring Company
- General Dynamics Mission Systems
Bachelor's degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience), plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred.
Department of Defense SECRET security clearance is REQUIRED at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
GDMS has an immediate opening for a Software Engineer Enterprise Services. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. GDMS employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- This position is for a Software Engineer on the C2BMC program.
- The candidate will be responsible for software development in the Java language for Enterprise Services
- Under minimal direction, provides specialized expertise within multiple systems, software disciplines, as well as general knowledge of related disciplines, applications implications, and customer areas
- Responsible for performing in-depth analysis and technical support of systems software products, including complex problem resolution, design, development, testing, operational integration, and user support
- Maintains currency, debugs and configures related software products
- Works from specifications to develop or modify operating systems applications
- Assists with design, coding, benchmark testing, debugging and documentation of programs
- Interfaces with other system support groups to resolve problems, setting standards and improving overall efficiency of the operating system
- Designs, codes, tests and implements tools for operations automation
- Works on most phases of software systems programming applications, and may require instruction and guidance in other phases
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Software engineering and software development with strong Java/ J2EE/C++ experience.
- The candidate will have experience and knowledge of basic software practices such as coding standards and configuration management. Candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to work effectively in a rapid paced, team environment. Desired technical skills: Experience developing enterprise applications.
- Familiarity with Java foundation classes and toolkits.
- Knowledge of server side/database development, computer system administration; Net-centric, horizontal integration program expertise is a plus.
- Flexibility and willingness to take on unanticipated tasking is highly desirable.
- Other required technical skills include: - use of common software development and management tools such as Clearcase and Eclipse - understanding of standard system engineering design artifacts such as Use Cases and SysML diagrams - experience implementing mathematical algorithms in source code
PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor degree in software engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, or related field from an accredited college
- Experience in some or all of the following areas desired:Command and control system application development. Experience with Software Integration testing. Strong problem solving skills, including the ability to review performance,identify root cause and recommend a solution
- The successful candidate will have good verbal and written communication skills, have the ability to work independently and will possess the poise and flexibility required to work in a highly dynamic environment. Applicant should have good working knowledge of MS Office products
A Relocation package may be available for this position.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran