General Dynamics Mission Systems
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
New Product Introduction Engineer
at General Dynamics Mission Systems
- Job Location
- USA-CO-Colorado Springs
- Required Clearance
- Secret, obtainable within reasonable time based on requirements
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Hiring Company
- GPS Source
Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree.
Candidates must be able and willing to obtain Department of Defense Secret security clearance within a reasonable amount of time after date of hire. An active Secret clearance is highly desired. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
GPS Source, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS), is a world class innovator and manufacturer of high quality, high performance position, navigation and timing (PNT) technologies for demanding defense and commercial markets. Our tight knit product development team needs an New Product Introduction Engineer to work with our experts in PNT technology and help design, deliver and support first-to-market PNT solutions. This position will be supporting our southeast Colorado Springs, Colorado location.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Develops Factory test software and scripting, along with electrical/mechanical test fixtures in collaboration with the Engineering team
- Develops, implements and maintains methods, operation sequence and processes in the manufacture or fabrication of parts, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies
- Interfaces with design engineering in coordinating the release of new products
- Estimates manufacturing cost, determines time standards and makes recommendations for tooling and process requirements of new or existing product lines
- Maintains records and reporting systems for coordination of manufacturing operations
- Performs detailed analysis of the ability to produce electrical or mechanical subsystems
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards
- Implements and analyzes manufacturing engineering plans and projects
- Applies lean techniques to set up or improve manufacturing processes
- Develops manufacturing engineering plans and strategies for specific products and processes
- Researches and analyzes data, such as customer design proposal, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application
- Supports the generation of technical engineering products by using the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle
- Researches and analyzes data, to improve manufacturing yield
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran