Gem Companies Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Systems Administrator (Windows) - Level II
at Gem Companies Inc
- 21-Feb-2017 to 01-Nov-2019 (MST)
- Colorado Springs, CO, USA
- Full Time
Position Title: Systems Admin (Windows) Level II
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Contract Length: Full Time (Direct Hire)
Compensation: Salary - DOE- (Medical|Dental|Vision|Vacation|Holiday|LTD|STD|401k)
Special Instructions to Candidate:Candidates must be a US Citizen to apply for this position.
GEM Companies – is seeking a Windows Systems Administrator to join our team in Colorado Springs.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The Windows System Administrator has a minimum of 5 years of experience in Windows 2008/2012 R2 configuration, security, failover, and optimization of both physical and virtual Windows systems. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and quick learner; able to adapt to rapidly evolving technology and priority changes; and have a desire to work closely with members of the IT and development team.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision on individual tasks, as well as team-oriented tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work under a cross-matrix management structure.
- Required to be on-call and respond in a timely manner.
- Monitor and manage multiple xSeries systems running physical and virtual Windows 2008 R2 & 2012 R2.
- Experience with Windows clustering services
- Experience using/implementing virtual environments using virtualization technology
- Plan and implementing security patches and Service Packs.
- Ensure adequate backup for all recovery scenarios.
- Review system, event, and error logs for potential problem alerts and take corrective action.
- Plan and ensure redundancy for all critical components.
- Maintain and update current virus protection on all Windows devices.
- Create/Maintain documentation reflecting the current operational environment.
- Integrate system monitoring with Tivoli Monitoring suite of products.
- Monitor and manage IBM Tivoli Identity Management
- Design and update provisioning policies.
- Review logs for errors or potential problem alerts and take corrective action.
- Manage user (Administrator and end user) and system level accounts for Windows systems.
- Familiarity with NTFS file and share permissions.
- Experience working with Windows 7 in a domain environment.
- Experience troubleshooting network and domain related issues
- In-depth knowledge of core Microsoft technologies/implementations to include Active Directory Domain Services, Domain Name Services, and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol.
- Experience with software and operating deployments using Windows Update Server, System Center Configuration Manager, and Windows Deployment Services.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Exchange, preferably 2010 or 2013.
- Experience and understanding of Microsoft Distributed File System as a stand-alone deployment and its role within Active Directory.
- Understanding of Microsoft's Failover clustering and Network Load Balancing technologies.
- Ability to work well as a productive member of a multi-faceted team.
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks.
- Ability to work under a cross-matrix management structure.
Education Requirements: Bachelor's degree with 4 or more years related professional experience in a technical field. (Demonstrated experience may be considered as a substitute for a Bachelor's degree.)
- ITIL certification and experience, Certifications specific to applications and job functions.
- Security +
Clearance: This position requires an active U.S. DOD Secret Clearance and qualify for DHS Suitability. Must be a US Citizen to apply for this position.