Fountain-Fort Carson School District 8
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Speech/Lang Pathologist (open to SLP's w/CCC or CFY) for 2019-2020 school year
at Fountain-Fort Carson School District 8
Openings as of 10/19/2019
Student Support Services
- Speech/Lang Pathologist (open to SLP's w/CCC or CFY) for 2019-2020 school year JobID: 3181
- Position Type:
Student Support Services/Speech and Language Pathologist
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Position open to SLP's with CCC's or CFY's.
STARTING 2019 - 2020 SCHOOL YEAR
1. Master's Degree from an accredited college or university.
2. Colorado certificate/license with K-12 speech/language endorsement.
3. Successful experience working with school age children.
4. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
To facilitate the individual student's use of speech and language processes in order to derive reasonable benefit from the district's educational program.
1. Participates in the child study, referral and IEP process as requested and appropriate.
2. Provides assessment to the appropriate degree and information regarding a student's speech/language abilities.
3. Provides a therapeutic program of instruction to meet individual needs, interests of children with speech/language disabilities.
4. Employs a variety of instructional techniques to meet the needs of students.
5. Collaborates with classroom teachers and other school personnel to implement strategies for instruction.
6. Provides consultation to regular education, special education, support staff and parents regarding programming for
children with communication needs through appropriate service delivery models.
7. Keep thorough and ongoing records for identified students.
8. Maintain appropriate records of referrals, screening and assessments.
9. Follows district policies and procedures.
10. Performs such other tasks as may be assigned by supervisor.
Certified salary is based upon degree status and years of experience. Horizontal advancements are based upon "Graduate" level credits and staff development hours obtained after the last degree was conferred.
One year of credit will be provided for each year of approved outside teaching experience up to a maximum of eight (8) years (earned within the past 12 years).
186 days per year