Fountain-Fort Carson School District 8
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Secondary At-Risk Teacher - INR
at Fountain-Fort Carson School District 8
Job Reference #: 3444
Openings as of 10/19/2019
High School Teaching
- Secondary At-Risk Teacher - INR JobID: 3444
- Position Type:
High School Teaching
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Until Filled Qualifications:
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college, or university.
2. A valid Colorado Teaching Certificate endorsed, or Highly Qualified, in area of assignment.
3. Such alternatives to the above as the Board may find appropriate.
4. Experience with highly at-risk students.
To create a flexible program and classroom environment favorable to learning and personal growth of at-risk students; to establish effective rapport with students; to motivate students to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a productive educational experience in accordance with each student’s ability; to establish good relationships with parents and other staff members.
1. Utilize best practice instructional strategies and research-based intervention curriculum materials to meet the learning needs of identified at-risk students.
2. Create a positive classroom environment, which upholds and enforces the school expectations and is conducive to learning.
3. Provide real time research-based interventions in the core curricular areas to identified at-risk students.
4. Guide the learning process to increase student achievement in accordance with curriculum and consistent with state and local standards.
5. Employ instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives.
6. Assess the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and progress monitor academic and behavioral goals of each student in a timely and confidential manner.
7. Work with other professionals on a regular basis to determine learning needs of at-risk pupils, seeking the assistance of internal, or external, professionals when appropriate.
8. Collaborate with other professionals, colleagues, students, and/or parents on an on-going basis concerning student social-emotional behavioral progress.
9. Adhere to the District’s Board of Education policies, state rules and regulations, and licensure standards.
10. Strive to maintain and improve professional competence to meet the needs of at-risk secondary students.
Certified salary is based upon degree status and years of experience. Horizontal advancements are based upon "Graduate" level credits and staff development hours obtained after the last degree was conferred.
One year of credit will be provided for each year of approved outside teaching experience up to a maximum of eight (8) years (earned within the past 12 years).
186 days per year - INR (Intent to Non-Renew / hired after August 1st)