Fountain-Fort Carson School District 8
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Fountain-Fort Carson School District 8
Openings as of 10/19/2019
- Bus Driver JobID: 2797
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Be a minimum of 21 years of age.
3. Valid Colorado commercial driver's license with "S" endorsement.
- CDL training available upon hire.
4. Possess current First Aid Certificate and CPR acquire within 90 days.
5. Pass the annual Colorado Department of Education School Bus Operators Test (written and skills).
6. Meet District's requirements for insurability.
Transport students (others as directed) to and from school, school to school, or to school related events in school buses or other vehicles operated by the district.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Performs pre and post trip inspection of district vehicles to comply with all rules of US Department of Transportation, Colorado Department of Education and District 8 regulations, policies and standards.
2. Performs all emergency functions including evacuations (rear exit, window exit and roof exit as required). Attends to all medical emergencies ie. seizures, suctioning, etc.
3. Responsible for driving all district vehicles used for transporting students / passengers.
4. Provides instruction and direction to passengers as necessary. Responsible for student management / maintaining discipline on the bus.
5. Performs administrative responsibilities including but are not limited to: development of seating charts, documenting student conduct, maintaining records, documenting maintenance related issues, working hours, logs, accident reports, etc.
6. Fuels and cleans transportation vehicles.
7. Performs responsibilities as a bus assistant to include, but not limited to: Securing special needs / preschool riders in wheel chair restraints, safety vests, car seats and other ancillary equipment as necessary. Assists students as needed to board and exit the bus to include placing / maneuvering wheelchairs on and off lifts.
8. Uses two-way radio to communicate with base station regarding special conditions as necessary.
1. Knowledge of applicable laws, rules, policies and procedures governing vehicle / school transportation operations.
2. Ability to operate all district transportation vehicles.
3. Ability to apply and wear district provided safety equipment.
4. Ability to perform pre / post trip requirements unassisted.
5. Ability to communicate effectively.
6. Ability to work cooperatively with others and be a team player.
The work involves operating a school bus. Typical positions require worker to be capable of climbing stairs, crawling, bending, kneeling, and reaching. Dragging and lifting from floor to shoulder height 60 lbs. on an occasional basis. Pushing, pulling, and carrying up to 50 lbs. on an occasional basis, and lifting shoulder to overhead 20 pounds on an occasional basis. Must be able to hold, grasp and turn objects; use fingers to operate computer or typewriter keyboards; and feel the shape, size and temperature of objects. The work requires the ability to speak normally, to use normal or aided vision and hearing, and to detect odors. Must pass the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) Medical Examination. Subject to USDOT approved substance abuse testing program.
Bus Drivers are a Grade 6 on the Classified Salary Schedule.
- FFC8 allows new hires to bring in up to 8 years of previous experience in similar school type settings.
- Please understand that new hires tend to start out at the lower end of the salary range.
185 days per year - 5 Hour Work Day