Fountain-Fort Carson School District 8
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Fountain-Fort Carson School District 8
Openings as of 10/16/2019
Student Support Services
- Audiologist JobID: 3441
- Position Type:
Student Support Services/Hearing Impaired
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Until Filled Qualifications:
1. Doctoral degree in audiology.
2. Valid Colorado license and the ability to obtain at Colorado Department of Education license.
3. Experience working with children.
4. Valid driver’s license.
5. Such alternatives to the above as the Board my find appropriate.
1. Use audiometers, computers and other testing equipment to measure the sound levels that students are able to recognize and how well they are able to distinguish between different sounds.
2. Ensure access to hearing devices and services.
3. Increase awareness of equipment and individual student needs.
4. Work with district support staff to improve student access to the educational environment.
1. Utilize test results, along with medical, psychological and educational background information, to diagnose the issue and develop a treatment plan.
2. Implement a variety of methods to treat patients, including fitting patients with hearing aids.
3. Counsel patients on how to handle hearing loss and how to use hearing aids and other equipment.
4. Consult with other education and health care professionals to determine treatment.
Certified salary is based upon degree status and years of experience. Horizontal advancements are based upon "Graduate" level credits and staff development hours obtained after the last degree was conferred.
One year of credit will be provided for each year of approved outside teaching experience up to a maximum of eight (8) years (earned within the past 12 years).
186 days per year