Fountain-Fort Carson School District 8
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
At-Risk Paraeducator (teacher's aide)
at Fountain-Fort Carson School District 8
Openings as of 10/18/2019
- At-Risk Paraeducator (teacher's aide) JobID: 3450
- Position Type:
Support Staff/Regular Education Paraeducator
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Preferred Minimum Qualifications:
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Associates Degree or 48 semester hours or ACT certified.
3. Obtain First Aid/CPR training.
4. Ability to lift 50 pounds.
5. Ability and willingness to take directions.
6. Ability and willingness to meet the needs of students.
7. Excellent references including attendance and punctuality.
To provide support services to the regular education teacher to meet the educational needs of students.
Essential Job Functions:
1. To assist the teacher with the social and education needs of the student.
2. Performs non-teaching tasks under the direct supervision of the teacher.
3. Maintain the same high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students as is expected of fully licensed teacher.
1. Assist teacher in working with individual students, small groups of students, or whole class to reinforce learning of material or skills initially introduced by the teacher.
2. Perform general clerical duties such as filing student records, entering student data into computer, grading student papers, recording grades, etc.
3. Be available to attend and participate in parent/teacher conferences, child studies, annual reviews, etc.
4. Serve as the chief source of information and help to any substitute teacher assigned in the absence of the teacher.
5. Foster a relationship with students based upon warmth, concern, mutual respect, and shared excitement in learning.
Tools and Equipment:
Copy computer, printer, machine and audiovisual equipment. All tools and equipment may not be listed.
At-Risk Paraeducators are a Grade 5 on the Classified Salary Schedule.
- FFC8 allows new hires to bring in up to 8 years of previous experience in similar school type settings.
- Please understand that new hires tend to start out at the lower end of the salary range.
187 days per year - 7.5 Hour Work Day