Ent Federal Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Application Developer
at Ent Federal Credit Union
Ent is Colorado’s largest credit union, leading a legacy of more than 60 years. Our reputation is built on trust, integrity, innovation and exceptional customer service. We recognize our employees and our members are the reason for our success. We’ve been voted “Best Workplace” by The Gazette two years in a row and named “Best Credit Union” by the Colorado Springs Business Journal. Become part of a fast-paced and growing organization that values teamwork, our people, our members and the communities we serve! Apply today, to advance your career and help members improve their financial quality of life. It’s an Ent thing!
As part of the Systems Integration team, the Application Developer Senior contributes to the credit union by designing, creating and providing complex, efficient and resourceful technology solutions. The solutions may be achieved by integrating 3rd party applications or creating new programs in house, or perhaps a blend of both. The end result of the technology solutions will enable Ent to meet or exceed various business strategies.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Analysis / Modeling / Design
- Leads the development of complete systems, often guiding and mentoring team members and defining the overall architecture of the system.
- Converts functional specifications on business problems into efficient designs.
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems, including programming, testing, debugging for a large-scale systems.
- Participates in the RFP/RFI process.
- Configures / writes new programs of growing complexity and scope, involving multiple systems and interdependencies.
- Conducts code reviews as appropriate for quality and adherence to standards.
- Conducts technical assessments of candidates and current staff. Provides input to manager on staff performance relating to technology but does not prepare or deliver reviews.
- Reports status on activities, issues, projects, etc to IT management.
- Supports the manager in the planning and oversight of operational/technical activities of the team, including workload and resource allocation.
- Provides technical support and problem resolution for customer inquiries regarding in-house application infrastructure.
Other duties as required
Minimum formal education required for this position:
Knowledge consistent with a bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field of study.
Candidate may proportionally change years of relevant work experience below 1 to 1 for the level of formal education attained vs minimum required. For example, a requirement of “Knowledge Consistent with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and 2 years’ of accounting experience” could be substituted for a High School Diploma and 6 years of relevant accounting work experience or a Master’s Degree in Accounting and 0 years of work experience.
Minimum work experience:
10 years’ of related IT industry experience
5 years’ utilizing software programming concepts in a production environment
Technical or specialized knowledge/skills:
- Advanced knowledge of and demonstrated experience with Object Oriented programming, as well as other programming paradigms such as functional.
- Advanced knowledge of and demonstrated experience building secure web applications using a combination of latest technologies.
- Demonstrated experience in regards to understanding and working with relational databases such as Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience developing mobile applications (such as iOS or Android).
- Must have good web user interface design skills.
- Must be comfortable working in highly collaborative environments.
- Demonstrated experience with development tools such as Microsoft Visual Studio and Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services.
- Must be able to conduct presentations in group settings in a professional and courteous manner.
- Strong customer service, organization, communication, and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of high availability systems.
- Must be able to work independently to deliver complete system solutions and provides guidance within technical area, applying in-depth knowledge of multiple technologies, as appropriate.
- Must be able to learn new and emerging concepts very quickly.
- Must be able to maintain good productivity in developing efficient code in a very timely manner, with defect rates kept to a minimum.
- Experience with advance source control systems, such as GIT.
- (Preferred) Experience with Scrum software development.
- (Preferred) Experience building multi-threaded applications.
- None required
Environmental, physical and psychological requirements:
Must be able to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time in a climate controlled environment. Must be able to use fingers, hands, wrists for repetitive tasks such as typing, using a mouse, handling paper, and operating a telephone. Demands for visual and auditory acuity are typical of an office environment. Must be able to interact via email, telephone, or in person with diplomacy, tact, and courtesy with all members under varying circumstances. Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. Must be able to type at least 50 words per minute. Typing at a level below 50 words per minute would negatively impact productivity.