Ent Federal Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Software QA Engineer I
at Ent Federal Credit Union
As part of the Software Quality Assurance team, the Software Quality Assurance Engineer I, is involved in every phase of the software development process to ensure design quality. This involves writing and maintaining test automation, analyzing acceptance criteria, and manual testing utilizing tools such as SQL to review database changes. The end result will enable Ent to more reliably and predictably deliver quality software to meet the objectives of the business. This resource will work primarily on agile teams with project managers, product owners, and other developers.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Automated Test Case Development
- Develops new automated tests for execution
- Reviews documented test cases and identifies automation opportunities.
Automated Test Case Maintenance
- Maintains and organizes existing automated tests
- Maintains and develops existing automated test framework
- Authors and maintains test cases
- Creates robust test suites derived from product requirements, risk assessment, platform and configuration.
- Maintains organization and structure of test suite library
- Updates test cases when user acceptance criteria changes
- Executes automated test cases
- Executes test cases
- Provides testing estimates
- Performs analysis of project acceptance criteria and requirements
- Conducts Ad Hoc and experience based testing
- Identifies and writes detailed project defects
Other duties as required
Minimum formal education required for this position:
Knowledge consistent with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar.
Each year of relevant work experience may be exchanged for a year in a relevant degree program or vice versa. For example, a requirement of “Knowledge Consistent with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and 2 years’ of accounting experience” could be substituted for a High School Diploma and 6 years of relevant accounting work experience or a Master’s Degree in Accounting and 0 years of work experience.
Minimum work experience:
(Preferred) 1 year of relevant software testing experience
Technical or specialized knowledge/skills:
- Familiarity with test automation
- Strong knowledge of and demonstrated experience in the following:
- Identifying and documenting test cases
- Creating test plans
- Financial systems support
- Software Testing of Web applications
- Software Testing of Mobile devices
- Formal structured testing
- Familiarity with development tools such as Microsoft Visual Studio and Microsoft Azure DevOps
- Familiarity with test case management software such as Microsoft Azure DevOps
- Must be comfortable working in highly collaborative environments
- Must be able to conduct presentations in group settings in a professional and courteous manner
- Strong customer service, organization, communication, and interpersonal skills are a must
- Experience with Agile software development is preferred
- Must be able to learn new and emerging concepts very quickly.
- Must be able to maintain good productivity in developing test plans and manual and automated test cases.
- (Preferred) ASTQB / ISTQB Certified Tester or equal certification
Environmental, physical and psychological requirements:
Must be able to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time in a climate controlled environment. Must be able to use fingers, hands, wrists for repetitive tasks such as typing, using a mouse, handling paper, and operating a telephone. Demands for visual and auditory acuity are typical of an office environment. Must be able to interact via email, telephone, or in person with diplomacy, tact, and courtesy with all members under varying circumstances. Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs