Ent Federal Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Member Solutions Specialist I
at Ent Federal Credit Union
To collect past due consumer loans to minimize Ent’s exposure to risk and loss and ensure maximum return to its members by following Collection Department policies and procedures as well as adherence to State and Federal Laws.
Furthermore, the Member Solutions Specialist is responsible for making timely collection calls per performance standards in a professional and non-aggressive manner to correct the pattern of delinquency for our members.
This position will undergo development to enhance and train to a more advanced collection techniques in order to work with delinquent consumer loans not only to collect the past due payments, but also explore pre-determined ways to help our members through loan modifications, deferment \ requests, referral to Green Path or credit counseling and payment arrangements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Early stage consultative collection role utilizing various resources to collect on past due accounts such as negotiating payment arrangements and negotiating payment options (i.e. automatic transfers / bill pay / payment by phone etc.).
Interview members by phone, to determine financial hardships, find resolutions, and present payment options.
Provide support to co-workers
Other duties as assigned
Minimum formal education required for this position:
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Candidate may proportionally change years of relevant work experience below 1 to 1 for the level of formal education attained vs minimum required. For example, a requirement of “Knowledge Consistent with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and 2 years’ of accounting experience” could be substituted for a High School Diploma and 6 years of relevant accounting work experience or a Master’s Degree in Accounting and 0 years of work experience.
Minimum work experience:
1 years’ customer service experience
(Preferred) 1 years’ consultative financial services and / or collections experience
Technical or specialized knowledge/skills:
- Professional, diplomatic, and courteous communication skills are of critical importance
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy of all transactions is of critical importance
- Proficient in basic math (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division)
- Ability to learn and retain relevant collections law and policy in a short amount of time
- Predisposition for Creativity and Problem Solving as applied to individual situations within relevant laws and guidelines
- Exposure to Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.) and web based transactional systems to complete day to day member requests
- (Preferred) Able to use 10-Key by touch
- None required
Environmental, physical and psychological requirements:
- Must be able to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time in a climate controlled environment. Must be able to use fingers, hands, wrists for repetitive tasks such as typing, using a mouse, handling paper, and operating a telephone. Demands for visual and auditory acuity are typical of an office environment. Must be able to interact via email, telephone, or in person with diplomacy, tact, and courtesy with all members under varying circumstances. Must be able to professionally address and de-escalate Members who may be upset, discourteous, or otherwise unhappy towards the credit union. Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.