Ent Federal Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Consumer Loan Training Specialist Sr
at Ent Federal Credit Union
The Consumer Loan Training Specialist is responsible for conducting in-house training programs for the Consumer Lending department. The Consumer Loan Training Specialist will implement, maintain and conduct training programs to:
- Conduct on-boarding and technical training for new hire Consumer Lending employees.
- Develop and deepen the technical competencies of those who work in any of the Consumer Lending departments, through classroom training, refreshers, and one on one sessions.
- Provide team leadership as a subject matter expert.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Deliver Consumer Lending specialty training for new hires to all of the lending departments (Lending Specialist, CLC, CAS, Underwriter, Indirect and Lending Support), using a variety of instructional materials to include leader’s guides, participant manuals, job aids and software programs.
Perform supplemental/remedial training for existing Consumer Lending employees at the request of the department manager.
Facilitate Lending Essentials for all new hires to Consumer Lending as needed
Act as a subject matter expert / team lead to other Consumer Loan Training Specialists. Assist with classroom preparations and coaching techniques as needed
Work in the various Consumer Lending areas throughout the year performing the actual job functions they train.
Attend webinars related to Consumer Lending trends and regulations to increase overall knowledge.
Responsible for preparation of class materials and coordination of training classes as well as maintaining procedures and training manuals for all Consumer Lending departments.
Consistently looking for process improvements in all Consumer Lending departments
Monitors participant’s operations skills development in the classroom to ensure transfer of learning. Provides feedback on the participant’s progress to the participant and his/her supervisor.
Other duties as required
Minimum formal education required for this position:
Knowledge consistent with a Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Communications, or a related field.
Each year of relevant work experience may be exchanged for a year in a relevant degree program or vice versa. For example, a requirement of “Knowledge Consistent with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and 2 years’ of accounting experience” could be substituted for a High School Diploma and 6 years of relevant accounting work experience or a Master’s Degree in Accounting and 0 years of work experience.
Minimum work experience:
2 years’ combined experience in Consumer Lending (Auto, Personal, or Home Equity), or training.
Technical or specialized knowledge/skills:
- Demonstrated ability to successfully deliver training curriculum in a public speaking setting.
- Advanced communication skills including written, verbal and interpersonal are required with the ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Consumer Lending in at least one functional area (lending sales, processing, underwriting, or back office/lending support) and the ability to develop the knowledge to train in other areas of Consumer Lending.
- Proficient with Consumer Lending Loan Origination system.
- Strong knowledge of Federal Lending Regulations.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple and diverse projects.
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability and consistent, logical and effective decision-making skills.
- Ability in technical writing to include training manuals, procedures, memoranda, and proposals.
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- None required
- (Preferred) Instructional Design, Curriculum Development, or other similar certifications
Environmental, physical and psychological requirements:
- Must be able to sit or stand for prolonged periods in a climate-controlled environment. Must be able to use fingers, hands, wrists for repetitive tasks such as typing, using a mouse, handling paper, currency, or coin, and operating a telephone. Demands for visual and auditory acuity are typical of an office environment. Must be able to address an audience verbally with clarity. Must be able to point or gesture, use visual aids (write on dry-erase board, etc.), and perform other basic classroom functions. Must be able to interact via email, telephone, or in person with diplomacy, tact, and courtesy with all members under varying circumstances. Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.