El Paso County, Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at El Paso County, Colorado
- Essential Job Functions
Under the direction of a Wildland Fire Supervisor, the Fire Fighter is primarily transported by Engine or crew truck and is responsible for performing pre-suppression, fire prevention and wildland fire suppression activities for EPSO. The wildland fire suppression crew provides regional support for fires throughout the season and performs initial and extended attack fire fighting.
- Performs wildland fire suppression duties.
- Performs fire mitigation.
- Maintains accurate vehicle maintenance record books.
- Maintains accurate Crew Time Reports (CTR) daily as requested by supervisor.
- Performs general facility maintenance.
- Performs/Assists with fire investigations as required.
- Supports the Sheriff's Office strategic plan.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent education required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age at time of employment.
- Minimum one (1) or more seasons as a Fire Fighter 2 (FFT2) preferred.
- Capable of performing strenuous outdoor work safely and productively.
- Ability to interact tactfully with the public.
- Ability to operate a manual transmission vehicle.
- Ability to successfully complete "Arduous" Work Capacity Test.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Must pass background investigation, truth verification examination, drug screen, motor vehicle record check and physical examination.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Colorado Driver's License. Ability to obtain Colorado Class B Commercial Driver's License within six (6) months of employment.
- Current NWCG Firefighter Type 2 (FFT2) certification including S-131, S-212, S-260, S-290 training required prior to date of hire.
- Certificate of course completion for ICS-700 and ICS-100 must be obtained within one (1) year of employment.
- Work Conditions
Work requires extreme physical exertion; working outdoors in all terrain and weather conditions, working long hours, and for extended periods of time. Must be able to carry up to 45 lbs, run, bend, twist, walk and/or climb. All fire personnel are required to wear safety clothing and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) during regular work hours and while firefighting. Must be able to report to the Emergency Services Division Building within one (1) hour when on call.
This job announcement is not intended to be inclusive of all functions, responsibilities and qualifications associated with the position, however, representative of the essential job functions and typical criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the position.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE AT: http://www.elpasoco.com For inquiries please call: 719-520-7401.
Each applicant is considered only for the current vacancy indicated on your application. It is the responsibility of the applicant to monitor any future openings and to submit a separate application for each position. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Any new employee and rehires must provide documentation of authorization to work as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (PL99-603).
EL PASO COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER