Decisive Analytics Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Advanced Cyber Security Engineer
at Decisive Analytics Corporation
- Security Clearance Requirements
Decisive Analytics Corporation is looking for an Advanced Cybersecurity Engineer to join our team in Colorado Springs, CO supporting the MDA Security Control Assessors (SCA) as the Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) team by performing complete and thorough risk assessments for the MDA.
Daily responsibilities include performing risk assessments on packages submitted from the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) in Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) and examining results of vulnerability analysis, STIG, SRG, IAVM and cybersecurity control compliance in order to perform a detailed risk assessment. These submissions include System Security Plans (SSP), Interim Authorization To Test (IATTs), Authorization to Operate (ATO), and Authorization to Connect (ATC). The Risk Assessment process evaluates data from many sources to develop a holistic assessment that enables the Authorizing Official (AO) to make an authorization decision. This process takes vulnerabilities associated with noncompliant RMF controls and evaluates their risk to the mission and the agency to arrive at a residual risk. The CRA Engineer position is responsible for executing and documenting risk assessments, including interacting directly with the SCAs and the ISSMs and their Cybersecurity support staff, and supporting the AO signing.
Successful candidate will understand the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and the NIST 800-53 RMF Security Control Catalog
Experience assessing compliance and performing risk assessments
Strong technical writing skills are required for producing Risk Assessment Reports and writing assessments that will be presented to the SCA and the AO for decision
- 15 years of IT experience, with at least 10 years of advanced cybersecurity experience
- Capable of leading and executing advanced Cybersecurity Risk Analysis efforts
- Detail-oriented and mission-focused
- Ability to work on a broad spectrum of information systems
- Possess significant knowledge of the Risk Management Framework as well as DoD and NIST guidance related to performing risk assessments
- Experience with the eMASS tool and repository is highly desired
- DoD 8570.01-M IASAE Level III Certification required
- Secret security clearance required; Top Secret preferred
- Cyber Threat Analyst background and experience in Cloud authorization strategies is desired
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field is desired but real world experience counts too!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
* Sign up for job alerts that align with your interests (based on the criteria you set)
* Be visible for future opportunities in a function or location that best suits your background and desires
* Receive updates from our organization