Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Job ID
- Location Name
- Colorado Springs - GMC
- Information Technology
This intermediate developer is responsible for the lifecycle of corporate-wide and customer-specific technology based products. The specialist further works with primarily third-party systems and develops necessary custom entities, ensuring components meet business requirements and are ready for production environments. At this career level, the incumbent generally works independently on moderately complex development projects or as a team member on larger projects. He or she may coach other specialists.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
- Create and support technology solutions through full-stack development activities as a part of an agile team, attending and participating in daily standups, sprint planning, retrospectives.
- Collaborate with product owners and agile team members to refine the product backlog.
- Participate across the software development lifecycle, including supporting and leading feature/function design, build and test activities.
- Demonstrate a bias toward action and embrace the ‘hypothesize-build-measure-learn’ cycle.
- Take ownership of full-feature functionality and solution capabilities.
- Make and meet customer commitments – for each 2-week sprint and each program increment.
- Focus on flow – minimize work in process (WIP), reduce batch size and actively manage queues.
- Innovate and find creative ways to improve daily work
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion's core "Cultural Behaviors" in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Bachelor's Degree Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Disaster & Emergency Management or related discipline
Preferred Work Experience
- Agile software development practices and frameworks (e.g. Scrum, XP, SAFe, LESS)
- SQL and relational database design/development
- Angular, Ionic, HTML, CSS, NodeJS, Go, Protractor
- Emerging technology architectures (e.g. Microservices, Containers, Serverless Computing)
- Cloud based source code control (e.g. Git)
- Customizing or configuring enterprise cloud-based software solutions
- Salesforce.com and Apex Development
- System integration techniques and tools (REST, SOA, Microservices)
- Collaboration tools (e.g. Rally, Confluence, Slack)
- Test automation and continuous integration / continuous delivery tools
- DevOps Technologies (GitHub, GitLab, ANT, MSBuild, Rake, Selenium, JUnit, Cucumber, Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo, Docker, Nomad)
Licenses and Certifications
- Generally not required.
*** Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above ***
Working Environment: Office – Standard Office Environment Relocation available to Colorado Springs, CO. Remote work arrangement is an option for the right candidate.
*Multiple Positions Available
Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
Travel Requirements: May be required to travel up to 10% of normal schedule
Other: This position may be required to serve in an “on-call” capacity in order to provide timely response to technology failures outside of standard business hours.