Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Information Security Specialist
- Job ID
- Location Name
- Colorado Springs - GMC
- Information Technology
This senior specialist contributes to the coordination, planning and implementation of Compassion's information security strategic plan to safeguard information against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction or disclosure. This specialist will remain knowledgeable of privacy requirements from countries, states and regions where Compassion operates as well as internal policy, developing a holistic program to address these needs in a manner that does not slow down Compassion's primary mission. Further, she or he often coaches and oversees the work of other specialists and related staff.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
- Maintains detailed and up-to-date knowledge of complex privacy sources published by governments of countries in which Compassion International operates.
- Identifies gaps in Compassion's program to address privacy and works with relevant parties to resolve them.
- Works with the Cybersecurity Operations team to develop monitoring related to privacy requirements and compensating controls.
- Performs assessments of complex information systems and associated processes to proactively detect problem areas that must be resolved.
- Maintains an up-to-date list of non-functional requirements for agile development teams based on privacy requirements.
- Leads the efforts of the Information Technology department to ensure that privacy is built into our systems.
- Analyzes major, complex data and produces reports for senior ministry leadership and external privacy entities, including compiling technical reports from security systems and other stakeholders.
- Coaches and provides expertise, and may oversee the work of other professionals and support staff in the information security discipline.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion's core "Cultural Behaviors" in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Bachelor's Degree Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Disaster & Emergency Management or related discipline
- Ten years professional experience working in information security or similar field.
Licenses and Certifications
- Preferred: Associate Level Security credential granted by the International Information System Security Certification Consortium, Inc.
*** Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above ***
Working Environment: Office – Standard Office Environment
Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
Travel Requirements: May be required to travel up to 10% of normal schedule