Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Front End Software Engineer
- Job ID
- Location Name
- Colorado Springs - GMC
- Information Technology
As a UX Engineer in our Innovation group, you will help us build apps to find new ways of releasing children from poverty. You will be part of a small development team working on a variety of projects. We use React.js on the front-end and Node.js in a serverless architecture on the back-end (currently on AWS).
If you’re passionate about developing software experiences and would like to put that towards creating positive change in the world, then this role could be a great fit for you.
Who are you?
- You love solving complex problems and delivering high-performance, reusable, and maintainable code. You enjoy collaborating with team members to architect solutions to difficult problems.
- You are very experienced building apps using React and Redux, and are keeping up with React best practices, including Hooks/Context.
- You have experience creating reusable UI components.
- You are driven to deliver an outstanding user experience.
- Design matters to you: you bring designs to life with precision and detail, and you are familiar with UI/UX design software.
- You occasionally enjoy making your own designs or participating in the design process.
- You are familiar with CSS best practices and building style guides to enforce consistency across pages and apps.
- You are familiar with source control tools like Git and feel comfortable working with teammates on the same codebase.
- You care about code quality by writing tests, performing thorough code reviews, and documenting functionality.
- You work with high integrity and respect. You listen and ask questions first before assuming you fully understand what is needed. You are customer focused and driven by our mission.
- You are hungry to continue learning and are not afraid to explore new technologies and best practices.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children. Understands and advances Christ's mandate to protect children. Raises awareness of the needs of children and takes active steps to help protect against neglect, abuse, and exploitation of children. Promotes the dignity, respect, positive treatment, potential of children in all circumstances. Encourages the involvement of others in helping children in need. Reports and appropriately supports responses to incidents of harm of children if they occur.
- Provides senior-level application software design and development services and technical leadership for existing architecture or new deployments. Gathers requirements and develops specifications to design and integrate into applications. Adheres to approved standards and develops new standards in software development.
- Leads the development of complex program logic for new, multi-faceted applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications. Considers and/or provides multiple options or solutions to satisfy organizational needs.
- Codes, tests, including writing test plans, debugs, documents, implements and maintains software applications. Develops complex functionality enhancements through code customization and application configuration.
- Leads and develops strategies around existing technology products to ensure these products produce expected results and benefit to customers. Ensures that improvements are successfully implemented and impacts across the value stream and application are considered.
- Provides complex technical leadership throughout the lifecycle of customer-specific technology based products. Works with multiple Cloud or Purchased applications.
- Serves on cross-functional project teams as a subject matter expert on data processes, data governance, and application systems.
- Coaches and provides expertise, and may oversee the work of other professionals and support staff in the applications development discipline.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion's core "Cultural Behaviors" in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Bachelor's Degree Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Disaster & Emergency Management or related discipline
- Ten years Professional experience working in applications development or similar field.
Licenses and Certifications
- Certified Applications Developer or similar credential.
*** Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above ***
Working Environment: Office – Standard Office Environment
Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
Travel Requirements: May be required to travel up to 10% of normal schedule
Other: This position may be required to serve in an “on-call” capacity in order to provide timely response to technology failures outside of standard business hours.