Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Crisis Manager
- Job ID
- Location Name
- Colorado Springs - GMC
- Audit & Risk
This Senior Crisis Manager leads the appropriate and effective development and management of any reputational, security, or natural disaster related crises affecting Compassion and its personnel. The Crisis Manager further manages security intelligence streams, reviews media and social media inputs, conducts ongoing assessments for Compassion's country offices, and coordinates crisis team training programs. At this career level, the incumbent leads or conducts major, complex crisis initiatives for multiple countries. Further, she or he often coaches and oversees the work of other specialists and related staff.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children. Understands and advances Christ's mandate to protect children. Raises awareness of the needs of children and takes active steps to help protect against neglect, abuse, and exploitation of children. Promotes the dignity, respect, positive treatment, potential of children in all circumstances. Encourages the involvement of others in helping children in need. Reports and appropriately supports responses to incidents of harm of children if they occur.
- Develops complex plans, equips cross-functional teams, and may lead response to any significant Compassion crisis to include those related to reputational concerns, geo-political obstacles, terrorist attacks, criminal activities, and natural disasters. Forges collaboration efforts with available contracted resources, and liaises with extra-organizational entities and experts such as those in media, politics, and other transnational organizations. Further manages constant tracking of Compassion travelers to include sponsors and other non-employee members.
- Manages large-scope, complex projects for on-time completion of deliverables based on department objectives and other Compassion standards, as well as ensuring compliance with management and board policies.
- Leads risk mitigation and response protocols according to the latest trends and best practices if faced with a crisis. Ensures achievement of operational and strategic priorities and initiatives through own contributions and that of the team.
- Engages in continuous learning and development that enhances individual performance and organization capabilities. Attends appropriate crisis management related training forums in furtherance of refining the organization’s response to real world crises. Further, proactively educates junior specialists and others throughout the organization.
- Coaches and provides expertise, and may oversee the work of other professionals and support staff in the crisis management discipline.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion's core "Cultural Behaviors" in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Demonstrates years of experience in a progressively responsible team lead position
*** Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above ***
Working Environment: Office – Standard Office Environment
Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
Travel Requirements: May be required to travel up to 10% of normal schedule