Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Change Manager
- Job ID
- Location Name
- Colorado Springs - GMC
- Organizational Leadership
This Senior Change Manager reports into the Director of Change Management, partnering together to refine Compassion’s vision and methodology for Organizational Change Management and providing leadership for strategic initiatives. The role is focused on the behavioral side of change to ensure we achieve the intended results of the initiatives that are being implemented. In that spirit, the Change Management team partners closely with the Project Management functions to provide an integrated approach toward enterprise execution. Leveraging past experience in Organizational Change Management practices, the Sr. Change Manager will lead the complex initiatives in a global and cross-functional environment with multiple stakeholders. A key component of the role will include engagement with senior leadership to raise effective change awareness, keep leadership apprised of project status, and ensure effective decision-making and change adoption. Additionally, as we grow with the organization, there will be an increasing need to integrate the Change Management and Project Management disciplines. The ideal candidate is experienced in both disciplines and is comfortable integrating the two as needed to meet the ministry’s needs.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
- Champions and socializes an effective organizational (behavioral) change methodology among leaders and teams by leveraging in-depth knowledge of sound change managements practices to successfully develop a case for change, analyze and manage stakeholders, plan and communicate engagements, analyze impact, assess organizational readiness, and align the organization
- Partners closely with Project Management, Communications, and Learning Services (Training) to define, refine, and deliver an integrated experience across major strategic initiatives
- Analysis and improves the Change Management methodology, process, and tools in alignment with Project Management methodology, project objectives, budget and timelines
- Listens to stakeholder needs and points of resistance, seeking opportunities to develop trusted relationships and solutions that enable effective and efficient delivery of enterprise initiatives
- Serves as a thought leader and acts proactively to anticipate and mitigate risks
- Works with the key stakeholders to create and continuously improve a solid Compassion change management methodology
- Provides education and leadership regarding the change methodology and process including project members, stakeholders, Compassion leadership and change agents
- Serves primarily as a Change Management resource, subject matter expert, and change management consultant to interested groups
- Serves secondarily as a Project Management resources, subject matter expert, and project management consultant to interested groups
- Coaches and provides expertise, and may oversee the work of other professionals and support staff in the change management discipline
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion's core "Cultural Behaviors" in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Bachelor's Degree Business, Quality Management, or related discipline
- Ten+ years progressively responsible experience with a combination of business change, process improvement, and strategic change initiatives
- Prosci ADKAR Change Management experience preferred
- Complementary proficiency in project management is highly preferred
Licenses and Certifications
- Change Management certification (or equivalent work experience) is required:
- Certified Change Management Professional (CCMP) designation by the Association of Change Management Professionals OR
- Prosci ADKAR certification
*** Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above ***
Working Environment: Office – Standard Office Environment
Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
Travel Requirements: May be required to travel up to 10% of normal schedule
Other: Demonstrates leadership by:
Leading through influence and collaboration.
Understanding the impact change initiatives on work capacity and staff.
Demonstrated cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity