Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Manager II
- Job ID
- Location Name
- Colorado Springs - GMC
- Business Analysis
This experienced project manager plans, monitors and manages internal projects from initiation through completion. The specialist further secures required resources, and uses formal processes and tools to manage resources, budgets, risks and changes. Manages projects to ensure on-time completion according to specifications and within budgeted costs. At this career level, the incumbent generally works independently on moderately complex projects or as a team member on larger projects. He or she may coach other specialists.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children. Understands and advances Christ's mandate to protect children. Raises awareness of the needs of children and takes active steps to help protect against neglect, abuse, and exploitation of children. Promotes the dignity, respect, positive treatment, potential of children in all circumstances. Encourages the involvement of others in helping children in need. Reports and appropriately supports responses to incidents of harm of children if they occur.
- The primary purpose of this experienced professional includes using discretion and judgement to lead or support project planning, resourcing, staffing, supply and subcontract management on basic projects.
- This incumbent effectively uses structured project governance systems for monitoring and tracking deliverables and resolving issues, ensuring delivery to the project plan and budget on basic projects.
- The project manager applies professional project management skills to plan, monitor and manage projects from initiation through completion. This includes developing assignments, timetables and responsibilities for team members for the duration of the project.
- This incumbent provides for progress reporting, troubleshooting and people management, to include organizing team members, and ensuring that materials and equipment resources are delivered on time.
- The project manager monitors performance and recommends schedule changes, cost adjustments or resource additions.
- This incumbent ensures project results meet requirements regarding technical quality, reliability, schedule and cost.
- The incumbent may provide expertise to other professionals and support staff in the project management discipline.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion's core "Cultural Behaviors" in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Bachelor's Degree Marketing, Communications, Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, Business Administration, or related discipline
- Three years Professional experience working in project management or a similar field.
Licenses and Certifications
- Certified Associate in Project Management Certificate granted by the Project Management Institute.
*** Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above ***
Working Environment: Office – Standard Office Environment
Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
Travel Requirements: May be required to travel up to 10% of normal schedule