Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Global Social Media Lead
- Job ID
- Location Name
- Colorado Springs - GMC
This senior social specialist develops and manages implementation of a broad range of complex social media plans, and campaigns with international reach and impact. The specialist further strategizes new methods to bring a digital audience from general awareness to active advocacy on behalf of children in poverty using Compassion's diverse digital media channels. At this career level, the incumbent collaborates on major, complex digital marketing, advertising, SEO, and listening and engagement strategies. Further, she or he often coaches and oversees the work of other specialists and related staff.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children. Understands and advances Christ's mandate to protect children. Raises awareness of the needs of children and takes active steps to help protect against neglect, abuse, and exploitation of children. Promotes the dignity, respect, positive treatment, potential of children in all circumstances. Encourages the involvement of others in helping children in need. Reports and appropriately supports responses to incidents of harm of children if they occur.
- Further develops, edits and writes dynamic content that is both timely and relevant for Compassion’s digital marketing channels. Develops the digital content marketing editorial calendar to determine what content is published, to whom it is assigned, as well as when and where it is published. Support and document best practices for online acquisition and fundraising via digital marketing channels. Extremely strong application of search engine optimization of content should be applied.
- Develops and implements Compassion's content / internet marketing strategy, proactively advancing the long-term acquisition and retention objectives related to Compassion’s programs.
- Strategizes methods to promote content from, and increase traffic to, all of Compassion’s online properties, including compassion.com. Determines, meets and reports key reporting indicators.
- Analyze digital marketing data and draw actionable insights to improve content effectiveness. Find new opportunities for Compassion digital content by keeping a pulse on the industry. Create content for new opportunities for Compassion digital content by keeping a pulse on the industry.
- Develop and support Compassion digital listening and engagement strategy to listen to keywords and phrases across the internet to support Web team goals. Works with Sponsor Donor Services to deliver proactive and responsive customer service assistance. Develop and support Compassion digital listening and engagement strategy for key internal teams to support their campaign and product goals. Further collaborates with key internal teams to support their campaign and product goals through digital listening.
- Ensures regular monitoring of threats in user generated content regarding the organization. Evaluates threats and informs the appropriate person. Develops and implements sensitive crisis communication as needed. Drives and implements fundraising / acquisition strategies.
- Coaches and provides expertise, and may oversee the work of other professionals and support staff in the digital marketing discipline.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion's core "Cultural Behaviors" in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Ten years Experience working in this or similar position or field.
Licenses and Certifications
- Certification in profession from nationally or internationally recognized organization, or similar credential.
*** Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above ***
Working Environment: Office – Standard Office Environment
Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
Travel Requirements: May be required to travel up to 10% of normal schedule