Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Intelligence Programmer Analyst
- Job ID
- Location Name
- Colorado Springs - GMC
- Business Analysis
The BI Programmer Analyst produces complex operational, financial, effectiveness and market intelligence data by discovering and querying large, diverse repositories and other sources. The analyst also interprets data, formulates reports and makes recommendations based upon the research findings. This effort requires the application of qualitative and quantitative techniques to interpret the data and produce substantiated recommendations. The analyst further devises methods for identifying data patterns and trends in available information sources. At this career level, the incumbent generally conducts business intelligence projects independently or participates as a team member for major, complex, or international research. He or she may coach and oversee the work of other analysts.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children. Understands and advances Christ's mandate to protect children. Raises awareness of the needs of children and takes active steps to help protect against neglect, abuse, and exploitation of children. Promotes the dignity, respect, positive treatment, potential of children in all circumstances. Encourages the involvement of others in helping children in need. Reports and appropriately supports responses to incidents of harm of children if they occur.
- Formulates analysis plans and designs or develops complex questionnaires, tests, research plans, and other guides to ensure the necessary data is captured to perform an actionable analysis and recommendation.
- Mines research data from available internal sources, industry reports, public information, field reports, or purchased sources with revenue generation or effectiveness strategy and business result implications. Further tests are conducted or coordinated to ensure that data is valid and consistent with defined needs.
- Conducts in-depth data review using traditional and advanced methods, including complex statistical techniques, the incumbent performs analyses and prepares forecasts and recommendations in the areas of program efficacy, enriched revenue generation, market penetration, market practices, competitive strategies, and program enhancements.
- Based on empirical research and analysis findings and conclusions, authors major reports containing valid conclusions and actionable recommendations, summarizing marketing, program, financial, or economic data for review by executives, managers, and other stakeholders, involving making live presentations, answering questions, and instilling confidence in stakeholders.
- Maintain or cooperate in the maintenance of business intelligence tools, databases, dashboards, systems, or methods, including the creation or review of technical design documentation to ensure the accurate development of reporting solutions.
- May be called on to provide technical support for existing reports, dashboards, or other tools or systems, including design of related databases, spreadsheets, or outputs, as well as maintain a library of model documents, templates, or other reusable knowledge assets.
- May coach and provide expertise to other professionals and support staff in the business intelligence discipline.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion's core "Cultural Behaviors" in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Bachelor's Degree Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, Business Administration, or related discipline
- Applicable professional experience working in market research, statistical analysis, business intelligence or similar field, involving data modeling, data mining, or data science
- Strong SQL Database experience required
- Experience using statistical analysis/programming tools such as SAS, SPSS, or R is preferred
- Predictive analytics experience preferred
*** Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above ***
Working Environment: Office – Standard Office Environment
Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day