CITY OF COLORADO SPRINGS
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Skilled Maintenance Technician II
at CITY OF COLORADO SPRINGS
- Description / Position Overview
Read why COS is 'One of the Best Places to Live according to US News and World Report.'Learn about the City of Colorado Springs as an employer and what our beautiful city has to offer as a place to live and work by clicking on the following links: http://www.choosecoloradosprings.com/
This information may change annually.
Skilled Maintenance Technician II
In this position, you will perform a variety of skilled construction, maintenance, and repair duties in support of the Colorado Springs Airport.
Essential Job Functions - the basic job duties an employee must be able to perform:
- Perform the full range of skilled maintenance and technical duties, including the design, construction, installation, alteration, maintenance, and repair of buildings, structures, devices, and systems
- Perform skilled carpentry, finished carpentry, electrical, electronic, plumbing, mechanical, HVAC, irrigation, and welding work
- Estimate time, materials, and equipment required for jobs assigned; requisition materials as needed
- Complete assigned work orders and tasks; maintain logs and records of work performed; and file reports as required
- Assess new projects; design and layout projects; and ensure proper and efficient completion of tasks
- Perform field inspections to ensure work quality and adherence to City policies and work plans and designs
- Participate in the Airport's snow removal program
- Knowledge of skilled maintenance methods and techniques
- Knowledge of pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and standard safety practices
- Knowledge of equipment, materials, chemicals, and supplies used in a skilled maintenance program
- Ability to read and interpret plans and drawings
- Ability to safely use assigned vehicles and equipment
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- A high school diploma or GED with additional specialized training related to this position
- Three years of full-time skilled maintenance and/or technical experience related to electrical, plumbing, and HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning)
- Possess, or obtain within twelve months of hire, a valid non-probationary Colorado Class B CDL (Commercial Driver's License) not subject to restriction related to alcohol and/or drug violations or pending charges
- Airport snow removal experience
- Airport facility maintenance experience, including baggage inspection systems, jet bridges, etc.
- Journeyman level experience in electrical, plumbing, and HVAC
- Additional Information
This position may include shift work.
May be required to be on call for for emergency situations.
The selected candidate must pass (or have already passed) a fingerprint-based criminal history records check as required by the Transportation Security Administration.
Physical Demands: This position requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally and 25 pounds frequently; and the ability to sit, stand, walk, and climb for prolonged periods.
Primary Work Environment - Field/shop environment with possible exposure to extreme weather conditions
Extreme Temperature - Seasonally
Wetness and Humidity - Seasonally
Respiratory Hazards - Frequently (dirt, dust, gases/fumes, and odors)
Noise and Vibrations - Frequently (machinery and vehicles)
Physical Hazards - Frequently (toxic chemicals)
Mechanical and/or Electrical Hazards - Frequently
Exposure to Communicable Diseases - Rarely
This job announcement is not intended to include a complete listing of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with the position.
Please visit https://coloradosprings.gov/jobs and click on 'Apply for a City Career' > 'City Career Postings – Apply Now' button to complete an online application. All job applicants will need to create a new login and online application (unless you already have a NEOGOV/governmentjobs.com user ID and password).
Completing your application in full, including the entire work experience section, will assist Human Resources (HR) in the applicant screening process. Your application may not be considered if all of the information requested for each employer you list is not provided.
Our NEOGOV application system does not allow you to edit your application after it has been submitted for a position. If you want to make changes, you may submit another application prior to the position's closing date and time listed in the job posting. HR will review the last application you submit for a position.
To view the City's job classifications, including physical demands and descriptions, go to https://www.coloradosprings.gov/human-resources/page/job-classifications-descriptions.
To view the status of your application, go to http://agency.governmentjobs.com/cosprings/default.cfm.
To be notified of future career opportunities, go to http://coloradosprings.gov/jic
If hired, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the United States.****************************************************
Equal Opportunity Employer