CITY OF COLORADO SPRINGS
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior ERP Systems Analyst
at CITY OF COLORADO SPRINGS
- Description / Position Overview
Read why COS is 'One of the Best Places to Live' according to US News and World Report.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Learn about the City of Colorado Springs as an employer and what our beautiful city has to offer as a place to live and work by clicking on the following links: https://coloradosprings.gov/sites/default/files/inline-images/candidate_info_packet_6.26.17_updated.pdfThis information may change annually.Senior ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) Systems Analyst
In this position, you will develop, implement, and support an integrated ERP system of a high degree of complexity and scope. You will serve as the technical expert to analyze business requirements and address them via ERP systems, including design, code, configuration, testing, and implementation. You will develop technical specification documentation, troubleshoot and resolve problems within the ERP system configuration, and assist users with reporting and data analysis. You may lead and advise other ERP Analyst staff.
Essential Job Functions - the basic job duties an employee must be able to perform:
We are looking for candidates who demonstrate:
- Provide application analysis, development, and support for the PeopleSoft ERP system
- Analyze and assess the technical needs of City departments; work with functional lead to recommend, design, and implement improved business processes
- Use the new tools technology PeopleSoft Update Manager to apply bundles, maintenance packs, single patches, and new functionality as needed within the 9.2 environment
- Participate on the team to implement future upgrade/enhancements as appropriate; apply and implement ERP system customizations, related custom applications, and interfaces
- Interface with ERP system vendor on issues
- Monitor the application environment, tune system performance, and assist with the maintenance of security authorizations
- Design solutions to business problems that leverage the ERP solution's delivered
functionality before considering custom changes; consider future product capabilities in those designs
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and resolve user issues; prepare appropriate reports
- Identify security and application access needs for customers; develop security definitions and profiles
- Identify ERP applications and integrated technology opportunities and solutions for solving complex business problems
- Work with PeopleSoft Team to configure ERP system modules; install and customize modules
- May design and code custom bolt-on applications and processes
- Test applications; resolve user testing issues; document configuration and customizations; and train users in ERP solutions
This position requires strong analytical, troubleshooting, communication, and issue resolution skills.
- In depth understanding of PeopleTools 8.56 or above, PeopleSoft 9.2, PeopleCode, Application Engine, Component Interface, Integration Broker, SQR, XML/BI Publisher, and SQL
- Knowledge of Fluid integrations, Portal, AD, and Cloud application management
- Ability to research and stay current on new and existing functionality
- Ability to adhere to and reinforce all IT policies, processes, and procedures using the ITIL framework
- Ability to manage customer relations and expectations
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to work independently in the absence of supervision
Successful candidate will have:
Ideal candidates will also have:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in computer science, information management, or a related field. Significant related experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Five years of full-time professional experience working in IT applications or a related field
- Production support experience
- Experience with 9.2 upgrade, PeopleSoft Update Manager, and continuous delivery methodology
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Administration, Windows Server Administration, and Weblogic
- Experience with PeopleSoft Financials (modules include Accounts Receivable, Billing, Accounts Payable, Purchasing, Commitment Control, and GL) or PeopleSoft HR (modules include Payroll, Time and Labor, Benefit Administration, and Employee/Manager Self Service)
- Additional Information
This job announcement is not intended to include a complete listing of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with the position.
The City does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Please visit https://coloradosprings.gov/jobs and click on 'Apply for a City Career' > 'City Career Postings – Apply Now' button to complete an online application. All job applicants will need to create a new login and online application (unless you already have a NEOGOV/governmentjobs.com user ID and password).
Completing your application in full, including the entire work experience section, will assist Human Resources (HR) in the applicant screening process. Your application may not be considered if all of the information requested for each employer you list is not provided.
Our NEOGOV application system does not allow you to edit your application after it has been submitted for a position. If you want to make changes, you may submit another application prior to the position's closing date and time listed in the job posting.
To view the City's job classifications, including physical demands and descriptions, go to https://www.coloradosprings.gov/human-resources/page/job-classifications-descriptions.
To view the status of your application, go to http://agency.governmentjobs.com/cosprings/default.cfm.
To be notified of future career opportunities, go to http://coloradosprings.gov/jic
If hired, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer