CITY OF COLORADO SPRINGS
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Technician I
at CITY OF COLORADO SPRINGS
- Description / Position Overview
Read why COS is 'One of the Best Places to Live according to US News and World Report.'
Learn about the City of Colorado Springs as an employer and what our beautiful city has to offer as a place to live and work by clicking on the following links: http://www.choosecoloradosprings.com/
This information may change annually.
If you previously applied for this position (closing date July 7, 2019), please do not reapply. Duplicate applications will not be sent to the hiring manager.
Maintenance Technician I
In this position, you will perform a variety of semi-skilled maintenance and repair duties to support Neighborhood Services' Quality of Life Team.
Essential Job Functions - the basic job duties an employee must be able to perform:
- Remove and properly dispose of litter, debris, rubbish, overgrown vegetation, graffiti, unpermitted signs, and other blighting influences throughout the City, including vacant lots, creek beds and banks, and other areas
- Mow yards, pick up trash, and clean vacated homeless encampments
- Secure vacant structures safely using hand and power tools and other equipment/supplies
- Gather and enter evidence and data using a digital camera and computer
- Ensure compliance with City standards and specifications
- Knowledge of methods and techniques used in maintenance and repair
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and standards safety practices
- Ability to use cameras, laptops, and other technology
- Ability to safely use assigned equipment, tools, and vehicles
- Ability to read maps and receipts
- Formal or informal education or training which ensures the ability to read and write at a level necessary for successful job performance
- Possess and maintain a valid, non-probationary Colorado driver's license not subject to restriction related to alcohol and/or drug violations or pending charges
- Graffiti removal experience
- Building maintenance experience
- Additional Information
You may be required to remain on-call for emergency or disaster situations.
The job offer will be contingent upon successful completion of a polygraph examination, extensive background check, and other pre-employment assessments.
Applicants that have used marijuana within 18 months from the posting closing date will not be eligible for hire. More information about the Colorado Springs Police Department's Marijuana Use Policy can be found at https://coloradosprings.gov/police-department/page/marijuana-use?mlid=5091
Physical Demands: This position requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally, up to 25 pounds frequently, and 10 pounds constantly and possible exposure to biohazardous materials.
Primary Work Environment - Office environment with travel from site to site
Extreme Temperature - Seasonally
Wetness and Humidity - Seasonally
Respiratory Hazards - Several times per month (paint, odors, and fumes)
Noise and Vibrations - Several times per month (hand and power tools, mowers)
Physical Hazards - Several times per month
Mechanical and/or Electrical Hazards - Frequently
Exposure to Communicable Diseases - Frequently
This job announcement is not intended to include a complete listing of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with the position.
Please visit https://coloradosprings.gov/jobs and click on 'Apply for a City Career' > 'City Career Postings – Apply Now' button to complete an online application. All job applicants will need to create a new login and online application (unless you already have a NEOGOV/governmentjobs.com user ID and password).
Completing your application in full, including the entire work experience section, will assist Human Resources (HR) in the applicant screening process. Your application may not be considered if all of the information requested for each employer you list is not provided.
Our NEOGOV application system does not allow you to edit your application after it has been submitted for a position. If you want to make changes, you may submit another application prior to the position's closing date and time listed in the job posting. HR will review the last application you submit for a position.
To view the City's job classifications, including physical demands and descriptions, go to https://www.coloradosprings.gov/human-resources/page/job-classifications-descriptions.
To view the status of your application, go to http://agency.governmentjobs.com/cosprings/default.cfm.
To be notified of future career opportunities, go to http://coloradosprings.gov/jic
If hired, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the United States.****************************************************
Equal Opportunity Employer