CITY OF COLORADO SPRINGS
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
JIS JAVA Senior Applications Programmer Analyst
at CITY OF COLORADO SPRINGS
- Description / Position Overview
- If you previously applied for this position (closing date "6/12/19") you do not need to re-apply.
Read why COS is 'One of the Best Places to Live according to US News and World Report.'OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Learn about the City of Colorado Springs as an employer and what our beautiful city has to offer as a place to live and work by clicking on the following links: http://www.choosecoloradosprings.com/
This information may change annually.
JIS (Justice Information System) JAVA Senior Applications Programmer Analyst
IT (Information Technology) seeks a Senior Applications Programmer Analyst to support the Municipal Court legacy Java application, JIS. The successful candidate will report to the IT department and be required to follow all IT policies and procedures. In this position, you will receive work priorities and requirements from the judicial administrative staff and will work in the Municipal Court building.
Essential Job Functions - the basic job duties an employee must be able to perform:
- Participate in the design, coordination, and execution of the different phases for the migration of the JIS application/database from the current outdated technologies (software and hardware) in order to modernize, enhance, and secure the application
- Create design solutions appropriate to the opportunity at hand in terms of simplicity, cost, and supportability, including enhancements based on emerging and changed business requirements to better leverage technology and comply with legislative mandates
- Mentor other developers in industry best practices related to software application development, programming, and analysis
- Complete enhancements and fix incidents related to the JIS application written in Java 6 and legacy 3rd party open source technologies, with a SQL (Structured Query Language) Server 2000 database and interface services written in Java
- Provide day-to-day operational and administrative support for the JIS application
- Perform data fixes according to pertinent policies and procedures
- Write SQL queries to perform data adjustments, create and alter data models and procedures to meet ad-hoc reporting and analytical needs
- Perform unit and system testing; assist with user acceptance testing
- Develop and promote standard ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) based processes and operating procedures and the propagation and use of the Knowledge Management system following IT policy and processes; document current state architecture, module functionality, and incident or request models
- Track, document, and manage all customer contact (e.g., calls, e-mails, web forms, chat sessions, and/or voicemails), status, and work performed in the correct ITSM (Information Technology Service Management) tool; ensure timely solution/resolution of all issues and enhancements
- Java 6 to current, JBOSS, Object to Relational Mapping middleware (currently using Hibernate), SQL Server 2000/2016, Windows 2003/2016, T-SQL (Transact-SQL) Programming, Crystal Reports, FTP (File Transfer Protocol), CRON (Command Run On), and Unix/Linux Shell Scripting
- Systems engineering concepts, modeling techniques and methods, experience in conducting application technology upgrades
- Business and systems analysis skills, including requirements gathering, development of use cases, transitions to operations, end user documentation, and training
- Pertinent federal, state, and local government and municipal court laws, codes, and regulations
- Build collaborative working relationships with customers, service managers, teams, and individuals
- Show initiative and act independently to resolve problems, manage multiple priorities, and follow through on projects/tasks to completion
- Demonstrate proper customer collaboration and engagement techniques
- Manage multiple tasks independently and prioritize to meet business needs
- Communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing, with managers, users and technical support
- Operate in an ITSM, specifically ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) based, environment
- Work within ITIL based processes and procedures and promote standard operating procedures to ensure service-level agreements are achieved
Successful candidate will have:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in computer science, information management, or a related field
- Five years of full-time professional experience working in an IT organization in software application development, programming, or analysis
- Possess, or obtain within six months of hire, ITIL Foundations certification
- Developer/programmer experience in Java 6 to current, SQL Server 2000/2016, Windows 2003/2016, T-SQL (Transact-SQL) Programming, DTS/SSIS packages, Crystal Reports, and FTP (File Transfer Protocol)
- Additional Information
The background check process for this position includes being fingerprinted. Fingerprints will be used to check the FBI's criminal history records.
The City does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
This job announcement is not intended to include a complete listing of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with the position.
Please visit https://coloradosprings.gov and click on 'Apply for a City Career' > 'City Career Postings – Apply Now' button to complete an online application. All job applicants will need to create a new login and online application (unless you already have a NEOGOV/governmentjobs.com user ID and password).
Completing your application in full, including the entire work experience section, will assist Human Resources (HR) in the applicant screening process. Your application may not be considered if all of the information requested for each employer you list is not provided.
Our NEOGOV application system does not allow you to edit your application after it has been submitted for a position. If you want to make changes, you may submit another application prior to the position's closing date and time listed in the job posting. HR will review the last application you submit for a position.
To view the status of your application, go to http://agency.governmentjobs.com/cosprings/default.cfm.
To be notified of future career opportunities, go to http://coloradosprings.gov/jic
If hired, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer