Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Security Officer - PRN
at Centura Health
- SVC CTR SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMEN
- SMC-ST MARY-CORWIN MEDICAL CTR
- Work Type
- FLSA Status
Welcome to Centura Health
Welcome to the largest health ecosystem in Colorado and western Kansas. Welcome to living your mission among thousands of people on fire to live theirs too. Welcome to options, possibilities andvalues that guide exceptional care. Welcome to extremely important industry challenges andopportunities to solve complex problems. Welcome to highly intelligent teams, overflowing community and the wholeness of mind, body and spirit that is Centura Health.
Flourishing Begins Here
You have a purpose, unique talents and NOW is the time to embrace it, live it and put it to work. At Centura Health, we value incredible people with incredible skills – but your commitment to a greater cause is something we value even more. Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures locks and unlocks doors, the Security Officer assists in the Emergency Department, remains alert for fire and safety hazards, controls access into the facility, responds to all emergency codes and helps enforce hospital policies. Performs similar duties to provide a safe and secure hospital environment for patients, employees, and visitors.
What You Bring/Job Requirements
In addition to bringing your whole self to the workplace each day, qualified candidates will need the following:
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Familiarity with Life Safety Codes and Joint Commission Environment of Care Compliance Regulations
- 3 years security related experience in a healthcare setting or law enforcement, required
- 6 years security related experience in a healthcare setting or law enforcement, preferred
- High School Diploma or GED required
- BLS from the American Heart Association required within 90 days of hire
- Current Colorado Driver's License required
- Essentials of Aggression Management in Healthcare certification required within 6 months of hire
- CIT Certification required within 2 years of hire
Physical Requirements- Medium Work - (Exert up to 50lbs force occasionally, and/or up to 20lbs frequently, and/or up to 10lbs constantly)
Your Connected Community
When people and places align, incredible things happen. Just like the 21,000+ amazing associates who work here, every community within Centura Health’s connected ecosystem has its own unique history, story and personality.
For more than 135 years, St. Mary-Corwin has cared for the people of Pueblo and the surrounding southern Colorado communities. Driven by a commitment to Pueblo and our healing ministry, St. Mary-Corwin is focused on its core areas of clinical strength: Cancer Care and Orthopedic Services. This concentration enables St. Mary-Corwin to serve the southern Colorado region with high-quality, high-value care for generations to come. Residents of Pueblo enjoy a moderate cost of living within this modern, mid-sized community while experiencing everything great about life in Colorado, including world-class nearby outdoor recreation, thriving local arts and culture, numerous parks, festivals and much more.