Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Radiation Physicist Certified
at Centura Health
- PKR PHYSICS/DOSIMETRY
- PKR-PARKER ADVENTIST HOSPITAL
- Work Type
Welcome to Centura Health
Welcome to the largest health ecosystem in Colorado and western Kansas. Welcome to living your mission among thousands of people on fire to live theirs too. Welcome to options, possibilities and values that guide exceptional care. Welcome to extremely important industry challenges and opportunities to solve complex problems. Welcome to highly intelligent teams, overflowing community and the wholeness of mind, body and spirit that is Centura Health.
Flourishing Begins Here
You have a purpose, unique talents and NOW is the time to embrace it, live it and put it to work. At Centura Health, we value incredible people with incredible skills – but your commitment to a greater cause is something we value even more.
This position provides the medical physics services to the radiation oncology department to ensure the provision of high quality radiation therapy and provides support to the physics team and to the Centura radiation oncology departments they support.
What You Bring/Job Requirements
In addition to bringing your whole self to the workplace each day, qualified candidates will need the following:
- Masters Degree in Physics
- American Board of Radiology certified
- Masters degree or Ph.D. in Medical Physics
- Certified by the American Board of Radiology (ABR) in Therapeutic Radiological Physics or Medical Physics, or certified by the American Board of Medical Physics (ABMP) in Radiation Oncology Physics
- 5+ years of postgraduate degree work experience in medical physics as it applies to radiation oncology and radiation safety
- Knowledge of radiation oncology physics, medical radiation safety and pertinent regulation
- Knowledge of computers and their applications in treatment planning, record and verify, and image management
- Experience with 3D Treatment planning required and prior IMRT experience strongly preferred
- Experience in designing, implementing and monitoring quality assurance programs and equipment evaluation methods for radiation therapy
- Experience evaluating radiation safety status of machine and radioactive materials sources of ionizing radiation
- Effective communication skills, demonstrated leadership and management skills
Physical Requirement-Medium Work - exert/lift up to 50 lbs force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs constantly.
Your Connected Community
When people and places align, incredible things happen. Just like the 21,000+ amazing associates who work here, every community within Centura Health’s connected ecosystem has its own unique history, story and personality.
At Longmont United Hospital (LUH), we treat the entire patient to leverage the powerful the connection of body, mind, and spirit in the healing process. As a Planetree Designated® Hospital, staff members adhere to the highest possible standards and Healthgrades ranks us as one of the Top Hospitals in the Nation for Patient Experience. Here, your time at work will be spent with a supportive team of staff and leaders that value self-care, flexibility and development opportunities through cross-training and continuing education. Longmont, CO, is home to 2,000+ acres of parks, three public golf courses and numerous trails to hike, bike, walk or run. Located less than an hour away from the Rocky Mountain National Park (ranked the 4th most visited national park in the country in 2017 by the Denver Business Journal), you’ll have easy access to the very best Colorado has to offer.