Camping World, Good Sam
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Project Manager
at Camping World, Good Sam
Project Manager -- Application Development
Position Location: Denver, CO office. Relocation assistance will be provided.
Camping World Job #19-9866
Our Project Manager is a mid to senior level position and will own and be accountable for successful delivery of assigned projects across multiple lines of business. Under minimal supervision, the PM is responsible for all aspects of projects of varying degrees of complexity, risk and visibility. The PM interacts extensively with executives and project sponsors, operations, technology, finance, and other internal cross-functional teams as well as vendors and clients. This specific position will focus primarily on managing application development projects. Reports to Director of Project Management and Compliance.
- Plans and manages all aspects of projects from initiation through delivery to closure, following either a waterfall or agile lifecycle.
- Utilizing enterprise project management tools, defines and manages project plans, schedules, budget and deliverables.
- Coordinates activities among project team members, vendors and clients to meet project objectives and ensure completion of project scope with quality, on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Identifies, manages, and communicates risks, issues and activity progress to ensure project objectives are achieved.
- Effectively communicates project status to various internal and external stakeholders at different management levels.
- Leads project teams through emotional self-awareness and confidence, adaptability, innovation and influence.
- Builds and maintains trusting relationships as a foundation for achieving influence and obtaining commitment from project stakeholders through collaboration.
- Recognizes conflict when it is occurring and identifies its sources and effects. Collaborates with other parties to achieve a win/win solution with the end goal in mind. Manages conflict in respectful manner by taking emotion out of the problem.
- When dealing with missed commitments, focuses the team on solving the problem while holding stakeholders accountable in a manner that is conducive to teamwork and sense of common vision.
- Communicates in a concise and clear manner. Moderates the scope of project meetings, and strives to achieve objectives of meetings in the shortest amount of time possible. Produces meeting minutes to clearly convey major developments, action items, and risks.
- Utilizes escalation channels wisely avoiding over and under-escalation. Uses good judgment on when to escalate the issues to Senior Management and when to work through issues with the project team. Accomplishes resolutions at the lowest level necessary.
- Maintains clarity of the PM role within the scope of the project, empowering subject matter experts to make decisions and complete activities within their domains. Removes barriers and remains flexible.
- 5+ years of experience managing technical projects in an IT environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or related field is required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive knowledge of project management standards, processes and best practices. Knowledge of other frameworks such as CMMI, ITIL, ISO, Lean Six Sigma is preferred.
- Experience in managing projects using waterfall and iterative software development lifecycles.
- Travel may be required -- 25% or more for extended time periods according to project needs and locations of key project resources.
- Certification in Project Management by a nationally recognized institution is strongly desired and candidates with certification will be given preference over other education and experience combinations. (PMI, IAPM, CompTIA, etc.)
- Familiarity with and experience managing in-house application development projects in a TFS environment.
- Full SDLC experience working in a SOX environment.
- Experience with Planview and LeanKit project management platform.
ABOUT CAMPING WORLD
The outdoors is a big place and just as it offers endless adventures, so does our company.
Camping World is your premier one-stop-shop for everything RV. Along with RV parts and accessories, we also offer a full selection of new and used RVs for sale. Once you buy an RV, should it need a little TLC, our RV Spa detail and refurbishment centers are there to make it shine like new. However, if the problem is under the hood, our nearly 2,000 service bays, over 1,600 technicians and 100+ collision centers scattered around the country are ready to get you back on the road in no time.
As the RV industry leader, Camping World is always looking for new and better ways to enhance your RV and outdoor experience. Camping World -- like the great outdoors -- is a big place, full of opportunity and we make it our mission to equip you for it. We've got an awesome team already, but there's always room for more! Are you ready for a new adventure?
Full-time associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, PTO, 401k and more!
We don't just accept diversity of thought -- we support it, celebrate it and thrive on it for the benefit of our associates, our customers and our company. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we strive to think outside -- and not simply check -- the box.