Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Systems Engineer - Network Design - C2BMC
Company:The Boeing Company
Location:USA - Colorado Springs, CO
Job Description Summary:Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify complex lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions. Evaluates customer/operational needs to define and coordinate system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces. Performs various analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture. Performs analyses for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success. Develops, maintains and identifies improvements for the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes. Resolves cross-functional technical issues.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation:No relocation available
Export Control:This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Safety Sensitive:This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not contingent upon program award
Job Description Qualifications:
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The C2BMC National Team provides technical solutions to the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) on the Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC) Program. C2BMC is the integrating element for the Ballistic Missile Defense System and links various sensors and weapon systems. The system provides capabilities to integrate and synchronize missile defense systems and operations, providing a layered defense against multiple ranges of threats and in all phases of flight.
- Senior Network Engineer responsible for planning, deploying, integrating, and testing upgrades to the C2BMC network to operational sites.
- May be required to assist with integrating, sustaining, and operating the C2BMC networks.
- May be required to travel to remote locations to perform network installations and in accordance with Program configuration management processes, independently perform troubleshooting, and provide status updates to Program personnel.
- Resolves cross functional technical networking issues; collaborate, and establish network automation discipline into all aspects of the program.
This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Minimum technical bachelor's degree
- Must possess a DoD 8570 certification at IAT Level II or higher (Security+, GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, GSE, SCNA). Candidate will be responsible to maintain DoD 8570 certification for the full contract period.
- Total architecture network design experience.
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of network architecture design, development and testing methodologies.
- Specific technical skills required include: -Network Management Systems (HP NMMI, HP Network Automation, CA Performance Center, CA Data Aggregator, CA Data Repository, CA NetFlow Analyzer, JUNOS Space) or NAS/SAN technologies (NetApp, or Gigastore). - Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic, and network analytic tools - Virtualization technologies such a VMWare vCenter and vSphere. - Experience using protocol analyzers/sniffers (such as Wireshark, OPNET ACElive & ITGuru). - Authentication & encryption methods/capabilities ( TACACS+, Active Directory, GEM-X)IPSEC, KG-175D/F/G. - Understanding of standard DOD security practices such as, STIG/RMF compliance and system accreditation implementation efforts. - Proven network traffic analysis, diagnostic and troubleshooting experience.
- Must be an effective communicator with excellent writing and presentation skills using Microsoft PowerPoint and Visio drawing tools
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment with other highly motivated network engineers as well as independently at times on large field projects
- Candidate must have proven troubleshooting skills
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in the following areas are desired: - A solid understanding of the OSI Model, TCP/IP, routing protocols BGP and OSPF. - Experience in UDP multicast, SONET, MSPP, VLANs, GRE Tunnels, and TCP/IP network designs. - Hands on experience with multi-vendor switching routing (Juniper) - Industry vendor certifications from Juniper (JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIP, JNCIE) required, from Cisco (CCNA, CCNP, CCSP) a plus.
- Experience planning and supporting automated deployment of network infrastructure is desired.
- Candidates with experience planning and supporting the deployment of network infrastructure are highly desired.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Experience Level:Individual Contributor - 4
Job Code:6K8CI4 (6G1)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud - Recruitment Fraud Warning
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation - Requesting Interview Accommodations
Applicant Privacy - Applicant Privacy
EEO is the law Poster - EEO is the law
Boeing Policy on EEO - Boeing EEO Policy
Affirmative Action and Harassment - Boeing Affirmative Action and Harassment
Boeing Participates in E – Verify
Right to Work Statement
Boeing is a company of bold innovators and dreamers. We are continually looking for ways to build it bigger, smarter, faster, stronger and better. Join us and you can speed up airplane production. Develop innovative cybersolutions. Or shape a global supply chain. Find your future with us by learning more about what we do.