Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Avacend, Inc.
Job Position : Master Scheduler
Job Location : Colorado Springs, CO
Contract : 12+ Months
Pay Rate : $90 Per Hour on W2 (all inclusive)
- The Master Scheduler, leveraging the project schedule for each AMI Program project and with assistance from the AMI Program Project Managers will develop an integrated AMI Program schedule using individual project level schedules.
- The Master Scheduler will review and validate the integrated AMI Program schedule each quarter.
- The success of these quarterly reviews is reliant upon the master schedule staying current between reviews as a result of a resource applying regular (typically weekly) updates to the master schedule via input from each of the AMI Program Project Managers.
- Additionally, the Master Scheduler will review each AMI project’s Scope statement and detailed WBS/schedule to validate that all necessary activities are accounted for within the AMI Program integrated master schedule.
- The Master Scheduler will review and validate scope and schedule completeness each quarter, factoring in any changes approved during the quarter.
- Create and review the client a Schedule Management Plan that will document how the AMI Integrated Master schedule will be structured, the parameters (e.g., % complete, deliverables, deliverable owners) that will be needed in the schedule, and how the schedule will be used and maintained.
- Consolidate project level schedules into an integrated AMI Program master schedule. Identify and report all inter-dependencies between projects for on-going tracking.
- Create schedule progress report templates to be used throughout the AMI program for communicating AMI Program and project level schedule metrics to Sponsors and key Stakeholders.
- Work with each of the AMI Project Managers to validate his/her overall project scope, milestones, and schedule.
- Quarterly the Master Scheduler will work in partnership with the client master scheduler to,
- Review key project change requests to determine the schedule level impacts and assist the client master scheduler in updating the AMI Integrated Master Schedule as needed.
- Review the individual project schedules to revalidate the AMI Integrated Program master schedule and ensure scope completeness.
- Escalate, as necessary, variances to or concerns with the AMI Integrated Program master schedule and/or individual project schedules so these variances can be understood and proactively managed.
- Creation and Review of AMI Program Schedule Management Plan (SMP) that describes what projects, level of project tasks and the task parameters that will be created in the AMI Integrated Program Schedule.
- Working Session with client to review, update and finalize the AMI Project Scheduling Plan.
- Initial Integrated AMI Program Schedule reflecting the decisions made and documented in the AMI SMP.
- Working Sessions with client to review and update the AMI Integrated Program Schedule.
- Final Integrated AMI Program Schedule based on working sessions to review and update the AMI Integrated Program Schedule.
- Quarterly the Master Scheduler will:
- Recommend changes to the AMI Integrated master schedule based on AMI program change requests.
- Recommend changes to the AMI Integrated master schedule based on AMI project variances (e.g., new tasks, tasks slipping, tasks not completed on time, etc.,)
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience.
- 4 years experience in a business/consulting environment including 2 years of MicroSoft Project Scheduler experience.
- Master’s Degree
- Proficient technical knowledge in one or more target industries.
- Knowledge base in one or more solution areas.
- Good general knowledge of customers in one or more target industries.
- Proficiency in one or more aspects of consulting processes.
- Human relations skills including collaboration and team functions.
- Understanding of team function and operation in an engagement environment.
- Ability to operate multiple software packages.
- Advanced PC literacy.
Preferred Consultant Skills:
- Business Acumen
- Comfort Around Higher
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Learning on the Fly