Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Civil Engineer
Project Civil Engineer
Arcadis is seeking a practical and efficient Engineer for work on our western region projects, reporting to our Highlands Ranch, CO or Reno, NV office. The individual selected for this role may be physically located anywhere in the Western US and may be a remote worker. This is a mid- level opportunity for a skilled and well-rounded individual looking for promising career growth in consulting. This position offers an opportunity to support and lead multi-disciplinary design teams on a wide variety of environmental projects, work with a great team, and join a successful growing organization with a reputation for high quality work and top-notch employees.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Skills with critical thinking, problem solving and creative solutions
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplined team
- Area of Civil Engineering practice shall include earthwork, hydrology, hydraulics, shoring systems, dewatering, and geotechnics.
- Interest and ability to work on a wide range of projects that involve civil and environmental engineering.
- Ability to review other’s engineering work product and provide meaningful coaching and feedback.
- This position encompasses both office work (technical design, task management, engineering calculations, report preparation, etc.) as well as field work (estimated to be up to 50%).
- Interest and ability to lead construction technology advances and assist with internal technology development and training
- Expeditious engineering and decision-making, while understanding and balancing risk management
- Troubleshooting of construction systems and earthwork projects
- Ability to provide clear instructions to staff, delegate work, and follow up with work product
- Support proposal efforts for various remediation or industrial projects for a variety of clients.
- Provide support for report writing, permitting, cost estimating support.
- Ensure the project and client quality control measures are being implemented.
This position may supervise a team of up to 5 staff and will involve travel to attend client and regulatory meetings, as well as complete onsite work and audits.
- BS in Civil Engineering
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience
- Licensed PE, with ability to obtain license in California within 1-year of employment
CO, Highlands Ranch, NV, Reno
Engineering - Civil/Structural
Project Civil Engineer
- Experience in project management
- Working knowledge of construction technology including point clouds and BIM
Required Driving Statement
This position requires a current valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
What country will this position be in?
Why Choose Arcadis
Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world’s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles.
Work alongside the industry’s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
About This Business Line
Now more than ever, businesses and governments recognize the need to incorporate environmental concerns into their decision making. As the leader in global environmental services, Arcadis has provided groundbreaking sustainable solutions for some of the world’s most complex projects. We wrote the book on environmental remediation, and our experts continue to pioneer the development and application of cutting-edge approaches in environmental planning, site evaluation, environmental construction and strategic environmental consulting. We are encouraged to innovate, apply emerging technologies and develop better solutions through global learning opportunities and workshops. Our team improves quality of life for our clients and their communities. Join us today!
Are you interested in being considered for this position? Let us know!
Our online application is currently unavailable as we transition to a new system. Send an email to the Arcadis Recruiting team at Recruiting.ANA@Arcadis.com to notify them of your interest. Please attach your resume to the email and include the requisition number located at the top of the job posting. We will respond with a link to formally apply and be considered for the position the week of July 15, 2019 when our new system is available.