Arapahoe Community College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Instructor, Computer Science
at Arapahoe Community College
The Computer Technology Department at Arapahoe Community College has an opening for a part-time Instructor to teach Computer Science courses during the Fall 2019 semester.
Part-time Instructors provide instructional duties for the college in their respective areas of expertise. They report to the department chair within the discipline and do not have any supervisory responsibilities. Responsibilities include: instruction, student assessment, and other related instructional duties. Instructional delivery may include face-to-face, hybrid, and online.
The teaching location is the Castle Rock campus; classes may be held days, evenings, and weekends however day & evening instruction is preferred.
The instructor must be patient, and respectful, while also providing their expectations for what is considered acceptable work. The instructor must display dedication to the class as well as the goals of the program.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Self-management – sets well-defined and realistic personal goals; displays a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments in a timely manner; works with minimal supervision; is motivated to achieve, and demonstrates responsible behavior.
- Interpersonal skills – shows understanding, courtesy, tact, empathy, and concern; develops and maintains professional relationships; may deal with people who are difficult, hostile, and/or distressed; relates well to people from varied backgrounds and situations, and is sensitive to individual differences.
- Diversity – is sensitive to cultural diversity, race, gender, and other individual differences in the workforce.
- Conflict management – manages and resolves conflicts, grievances, disagreements in a constructive manner to minimize negative personal impact.
- Integrity/honesty – contributes to maintaining the integrity of the organization; displays high standards of ethical conduct; understands the impact of violating these standards on an organization, self, and others, and is trustworthy.
- Organizational awareness – knows the organization’s mission and function and how its social, political, and technological systems work and operates effectively with them including the program, policies, procedures, rules and regulations of the organization.
- Teaching others – helps others learn through formal and/or informal methods; identifies training needs; provides constructive feedback; coaches others on how to perform tasks; and acts as a mentor.
- Computer skill proficiency; particularly in M/S Office programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with online course management systems and classroom Smart Room technology.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
Associate’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related subfield.
Associate’s degree or higher plus 18 credit hours (undergraduate or graduate) in Computer Science-related field;
Bachelor’s degree or higher in any field with 18 credit hours of coursework that demonstrates knowledge and utilization of computer-based technology and relevant applications;
Current or qualifies for, postsecondary CTE credential including 4000 non-teaching occupational hours within the last 7 years (2000 hours if at Bachelor’s or higher).
Physical & Cognitive Demands:
The following are some of the physical and cognitive demands commonly associated with this position.
- This position operates in a standard office and/or classroom and constantly uses a computer, and routinely uses standard office equipment including phones, copiers, etc.
- Cognitive demands include comparing, copying, computing, compiling, analyzing, coordinating, synthesizing, negotiating, communicating, instructing, and interpersonal skills.
- Occasionally moves, positions, and transports classroom equipment, up to 20 lbs.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement: Arapahoe Community College provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact Angela Johnson, Director of Human Resources, at (303) 797-5715 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Apply: All applicants must submit a resume, detailed letter of interest addressing the job announcement, unofficial transcripts, copies of applicable certifications, and names and contact information for three professional references. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications as related to the duties and responsibilities of the position. To submit your application visit our Careers website.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact us at ACCAskHR@arapahoe.edu.
Notice to all Applicants:
- Final candidate will be subject to successful completion of a background check, and, if applicable, a motor vehicle record review.
- Former employees of the Colorado Community College System, or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in their application material.
- Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within thirty (30) days of hire.
- ACC participates in the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, PERA-eligible employees are required to contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security for retirement benefits. For more information, visit the COPERA web page.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- Arapahoe Community College participates in E-Verify.
- Arapahoe Community College is a tobacco and smoke-free campus.
Arapahoe Community College is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law, or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policies 3-120 and 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its employment practices or educational programs and activities.
We seek to respect, understand, and embrace the diversity of our students, staff, faculty, and the community we proudly serve. We oppose discrimination and strive to foster an equitable and inclusive learning environment for our students that reflects the diverse nature of our world through professional development, responsive programming, reflection, and action.
For information regarding Arapahoe Community College Security, including Clery Act / Crime Statistics for the campus and surrounding area, please see the Arapahoe Community College Annual Security Report. For a hard copy report, please visit ACC Campus Police Department, Room AM2600 at 5900 South Santa Fe Drive, Littleton, Colorado 80120.