24 Hour Fitness USA
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant General Manager II
at 24 Hour Fitness USA
Job TitleAssistant General Manager II
Location11445 Twenty Mile Road, Parker, Colorado 80134
Who we are
At 24 Hour Fitness we are dedicated to our mission of creating a healthier, happier world. We are passionate about providing a fitness community that is accessible, affordable and welcoming to everyone. We're on the hunt for team members who are committed to being the best part of each other's day and who have a genuine desire to help our members achieve results they can feel proud of.
The sneakers you will fill
As an Assistant General Manager, you are the heart and soul of the member service functions within the club, functions that are integral to our core value of creating outstanding guest, member and team member experiences. You will create and nurture a diverse and member-centric team that is committed to our service promise of delivering a clean, friendly, and well-maintained club. You will report to and partner closely with the General Manager (GM) to lead club strategy and execute the Company initiatives that support our mission.
How you will spend your days
- Driving attainment of department goals, including member acquisition and retention, retail sales, member satisfaction, and club cleanliness. You will coach your team to hit these targets through a member-centric lens, while providing guidance and continuous performance feedback.
- Hiring, training, coaching, and inspiring a team of Service Experts and Kids Club Attendants whose focus is to ensure every guest and member feels welcome and celebrated.
- Engaging and encouraging guests, answering questions about membership options, and inviting them to join your club community to help achieve their fitness goals.
- Modeling and leading your team to execute our Service Promise of a clean, friendly, and well-maintained club. That promise extends to safety, working equipment, sparkling bathrooms, smiling team members, and every cranny in between.
- Continuously inspecting club environment, including equipment, appearance, and general facility conditions, and correcting deficiencies quickly.
- Leading front desk operations while curating a one-team mindset across departments to ensure a full-club effort in executing all operational standards and practices.
- Managing retail goods, including inventory, promotions and merchandising.
- Overseeing the Kids' Club and its team members to ensure an outstanding, safe, and compliant area for our members' children.
- Execute back office procedures and systems, including member account and labor management, which support our member and team member functions.
- Partnering with Area Group X Manager to manage a Group X Instructor schedule that maximizes our member experience.
What you bring
- 3-5 years' experience in retail/hospitality/operations industry
- 2-3 years' experience leading 3-10 employees, including demonstrated success in coaching and managing performance
- Phenomenal communication and engagement skills, including relationship building and conflict resolution
- Outstanding organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Experience operating office equipment such as computers, calculators, and photocopiers.
- Must be computer proficient with basic skills in Word and Excel
- High School diploma or equivalent required, but we'd love to see a Bachelor's degree
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) certification required
- California team members must be registered on the TrustLine Registry
- Must be able to work in an environment with occasionally high noise levels. The sound of weights clinking, feet flying across treadmills, and the laughter of lives changing can get loud.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with guests, members and team members.
- Must be able to move frequently through all areas of the club. Your day includes continuous engagement and interaction with team members and club members.
- Daily duties include moving weights, squatting, bending, reaching, spotting, remaining in a stationary position for prolonged periods of time, and moving for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to access and operate Company computer system including preparing documents, entering data and email.
Travel and Availability
- Must be able to travel by car and airplane up to 10% of the time, to join our outstanding training programs, member outreach, team meetings, and more.
- Full-time, with flexible availability across week days, weekends, and holidays to best serve our member community
This job posting is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant. See Job Description for further information about this job.