Job: Account Executive - Colorado Springs, CO
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Shamrock Foods Company
Account Executive - Colorado Springs, CO
Corporate Summary: At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first - our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Foods foodservice distribution and Shamrock Farms dairy manufacturing.
Summary: Represents and sells products for Shamrock Foods Division on a commission base to hotels, restaurants, resorts and other institutional establishments or individuals at sales office or customer's place of business. An Account Executive works in a fast paced and ever changing environment where attention to detail, a strong sense of urgency, initiative and drive are extremely important to achieving company sales goals.
* Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, and other resources
* Regularly contacts customer base by phone and/or traveling through assigned territory to solicit orders
* Contact prospective customers to solicit orders, and establish new relationships
* Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features
* Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained
* Collections, order guide maintenance, and order entry for all assigned territory street accounts
* Administer all item changes assuring highest level of compliance
* Attend required customer and company scheduled meeting
* Estimates date of delivery to customer based on knowledge of own firm's production and delivery schedules
* Other duties as assigned
* 1 year minimum Foodservice Sales or related experience
* Bachelors Degree from a four year university preferred
* Current driver’s license and auto insurance required.
* Must be able to use a laptop
* Mathematic Skills: must be able to calculate amounts such as discounts, commissions, proportions, percentages
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
* Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to evenings, weekends, and holidays
* Must live in or near to assigned territory or be willing to relocate