Job: Pueblo Kennel Technician II
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Browse Similiar Jobs:
- 1 Pueblo Animal Care Technician II
- 2 Store Protection Specialist PUEBLO CO
- 3 Maintenance Technician
- 4 615111-3rd Shift Floor Technician
- 5 GENERAL PROFESSIONAL I OR II
- 6 EVS Asst PRN
- 7 Assembler- Seasonal
- 8 Day Stocker M-F
- 9 Detoxification Specialist
- 10 Relay Control Specialist Senior
- More Pueblo Kennel Technician Ii Jobs
Browse Similar Jobs: General Labor
Apply procedures and policies to provide for the daily needs of all animals. This includes maintaining kennels so they are clean and sanitary, ensure appropriate feeding, identify sick or injured animals and assist in the euthanasia process. Work cohesively with co-workers, other departments and volunteers. Assist the public in a professional manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(Including but not limited to the following)
• Handle all animals in the most humane manner possible
• Ensure animals are fed appropriate food in the correct quantity
• Clean and disinfect kennels, cages and when necessary stalls following established protocol
• Maintain equipment used in these procedures
• Wash dishes, complete laundry duties, clean and maintain these areas’s following proper procedure and proper equipment use
• Responsible for identifying sick or injured animals and report information to evaluation center staff
• Under direction of Evaluation Center staff, distribute medications, perform daily behavior rechecks and other Evaluation Center tasks as assigned
• May vaccinate animals as appropriate under supervision of Evaluation Center staff
• Assist with transfer of animals between Pueblo and HSPPR and other shelters if necessary
• Euthanization of animals and disposal of bodies in accordance with euthanasia protocol
• May perform adoption viewings of animals in accordance with current procedures
• May escort customers through shelter to search for lost pets in accordance with current procedure
• Communicate with customers, volunteers and co-workers in a professional, courteous and calm manner at all times
• Restock all items that are used daily in the kennel area
• Maintain food storage, chemical storage, laundry room and food prep area in a clean, uncluttered and sanitary manner.
• Update animal records in computer system
• Check inventory of animals daily to ensure correct animal, correct id collar, correct kennel card, report any unresolved discrepancies to Kennel Manager
• Move animal(s) approved for adoption, and ensure kennel cards are updated and re-printed
• Participate in activities to improve the animal’s well being while in HSPPR’s care
• Communicate issues and concerns to supervisors
• Participate in staff meetings
• Other duties as assigned
Skills / Requirements
High school diploma or equivalent, previous kennel or veterinary clinic experience highly desired.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision.