This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Catholic Charities Archdiocese of Denver
SUMMARY The Housekeeper is part of the Housing Management Services division of Archdiocesan Housing, Inc. The Housekeeper is responsible for cleaning all vacant units and common areas in order to maintain the building in a safe and sanitary condition for the residents and keeping the building within government codes for sanitary standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for keeping all common areas of the building, vacant apartments and office areas in a clean, safe and sanitary condition by meetings scheduled set in conjunction with supervisor.
- May clean or assist with the exterior parts of the building.
- Ensure that the inventory of housekeeping supplies is adequately stocked and that appropriate purchase orders are submitted to supervisor as needed.
Skills / Requirements
- Knowledge of cleaning methods and ability to use common sense.
- Ability to read, understand and follow labels and instructions on chemical bottles in order to use them safely and properly.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Sufficient education and experience to perform the essential functions listed.
- Ability to operate all custodial equipment to include, but not limited to a vacuum, a variety of cleaning chemicals, carpet and upholstery shampooer, floor waxer and buffer.
- Ability to work in a housing complex and be exposed to chemicals and custodial conditions and the outside environment.
- Ability to perform the physical activities required which may include constant movement, walking, pushing appliances, bending and stretching, lifting and operating equipment.
- Knowledge of the service population's cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience EOE
REQUIRES FACILITY CLEANING EXPERIENCE, SENIOR HOUSING OR HOTEL CLEANING PREFERRED.