Job: Dietary Manager
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
The responsibilities of this position are to plan organize, direct and control all activities of the dietary department and to provide optimum food service for the residents of the community. Manages the operation of the dietary department to include staffing, food ordering and preparation, food delivery and clean-up in accordance with the community’s policies, physician orders, resident care plans and appropriate federal and state regulations.
Dietary staff to include Cooks, Aides and Dishwashers
1. Plans and coordinates standards and procedures of food preparation, food storage and service; equipment and department sanitation and employee safety.
2. Ensures that menus and department policies conform to nutritional standards, state and federal regulations and internal procedures.
3. Purchases food and supplies within budget and maintains a supply to adequately cover each meal. Monitor food preparation maintaining use of standardized recipes and menus and ensuring proper preparation and storage of food and supplies.
4. Provide technical guidance and administrative direction over diet planning menu formulation and preparation and service of regular and therapeutic diets.
5. Plans menus with dietary consultant as needed, to confirm that menus conform to nutritional standards and established regulations and procedures.
6. Interview residents or family members, as necessary, to obtain diet history.
7. Confirm that charted dietary progress notes are informative and descriptive of the services provided and of the resident’s response to the service.
8. Provide timely and accurate dietary completion of dietary portion of MDS, RAP and resident Care Planning and Progress Notes, as well as Dietary Assessment, Nutritional Data Card, Diet Card and any other dietary forms as required by the Executive Director, in order to comply with federal and state regulations and community policies and procedures.
9. Supervises dietary team members, carries out all supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company and community policies, procedures. Responsibilities will include: interviewing, hiring, training; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance and handling disciplinary issues.
10. Performs other duties as me be assigned.
Skills / Requirements
• Registered Dietician, Certified Dietary Manager and/or prior Dietary Manager experience is required.
• 4 years food services management experience required.
• Minimum of 2 year prior supervisory experience, preferably in a retirement community required.
• General knowledge of account principles preferred.
• Able to lift a minimum of 25 to 75 pounds.
• Required Food Handling License required as designated by State Law.
• Good communication skills, ability to write, speak, read and understand English.
• Team player.
• Highly organized.
• Ability to taste and smell food to determine quality and palatability.
• Ability to handle and manipulate equipment in supervising, demonstrating and assisting in food preparation and serving.
• Knowledge / experience of health and safety regulations.
• Possess a positive attitude with working with the elderly and special needs residents.
• Must be able to relate positively and favorably to residents, families and to work cooperatively with other staff members.
• Flexible work hours, able to work nights and weekends as needed.
Please apply online or send resume to email@example.com