Job: Physical Therapist Assistant
Job Reference #: 346978000A1
Centura Health Physician Group (CHPG) offers providers a true opportunity to live their calling to care while experiencing the support of a built-in comprehensive network, vast resources, professional growth, trusted leadership, generous benefits and an amazing quality of life with locations that span Colorado and into Western Kansas. CHPG is proud to connect providers and consumers through state-of-the-art technology, clinical resources and professional expertise to help people live healthier. Our coordinated services represent a full continuum of care – from preventive and early diagnoses to leading-edge treatment and life-saving critical care. CHPG’s ability to deliver better health care value is the direct result of combining the best clinical tools, shared resources and medical expertise with a patient-centered approach that emphasizes Centura Health’s mission and commitment to quality, compassion and service.
JOB DESCRIPTION/JOB POSTING ID: 76248
All clinics for Front Range Ortho and Colorado Sport and Sprine Centers in Colorado Springs
This is a part-time position requiring about 32 hours per week.
Occasional travel to other sites to meet the needs of the clinic may be required.
Responsible for a continuum of treatment by providing care to patients with neuromuscular, orthopedic and other physically-related disorders requiring strengthening, modalities, manual therapy, neuromuscular re-education and training in activities in daily living under the supervision of a licensed physical therapist. Utilizes rehab process to promote and restore optimal health and well-being of the patient. Participates in professional responsibilities, including documentation, program development, teaching, and enhancement of clinical skills.
Minimum Education Requirements
- Associates Degree from an accredited Physical Therapist Assistant program
Minimum Experience Requirements
- Previous work experience providing direct patient care in outpatient, inpatient or inpatient rehab unit, preferred Ability to perform basic treatments of orthopedic, neurological and medical patients Prior use of electronic medical records (EMR), preferred
- Current Colorado Physical Therapist Assistant licensure Current Basic Life Support (BLS) from American Heart Association
Position Duties (essential functions denoted with an * )
- Carries out program of corrective treatments for assigned patients, as determined by evaluating physical therapist and under the indirect supervision of a physical therapist. Implements therapy activities using measurable, goals and time frames under the direction of a physical therapist. *
- Performs a variety of therapeutic interventions including, but not limited to, ADL retraining; patient education in home safety; adaptive equipment and compensation techniques; coordination, strengthening and therapeutic exercise programs, manual therapy, therapeutic activities, aquatic therapy and neuromuscular re-education per patient needs.*
- Carries out plan of care for assigned patients, as established by evaluating physical therapist, within the scope of practice for a PTA. *
- Provides teaching for the patient and family based on assessed needs, using appropriate resources. *
- Initiates and follows through on communication with supervising physical therapist regarding patient status, need for re-evaluation and/or modification of treatment plan, goals, and patient training/education. *
- Communicates effectively to all patients, families, superiors, staff, physicians and other customers concerning physical medicine and rehabilitation services by direct verbal and/or written communication respecting confidentiality at all times. *
- Consistently demonstrates flexibility as evidenced by floating to other areas or sites and is agreeable to work flexible schedules including weekends, holidays and evening hours as necessary to meet the needs of the patients and department. *
- Supports completion of work volume through cross-training and performing other functions as required. *
- Demonstrates effective time management and is proactive in prioritizing workload and meeting productivity requirements. *
- Performs clinical documentation utilizing EMR. Documents per department and Health Information Management guidelines/policy using correct grammar, spelling, abbreviations and medical terminology.*
- Facilitates preparation of patient schedules, billing/charges and other reports per department and HIM procedures through timely completion of documentation after each therapy session. *
- Participates in personal, professional and program development by attending department in-services, meetings and by sharing professional expertise to enhance quality of professional services and staff development. *
- Assists in training physical therapist assistants, students and other hospital personnel. Acts as a resource for new staff members and co-workers by sharing information and providing education. *
- Adheres to professional code of ethics (APTA) and to all accreditation requirements. *
- Adapts to rapidly changing technologies, policies, regulations, census and staffing through priority setting and flexibility. *
Medium Work - exert/lift up to 50 lbs. force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. constantly
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
We Value Diversity!
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online