Job: Assistant Deli Manager - Northern Colorado Jobs in Northern Colorado, Colorado - King Soopers
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at King Soopers & City Market
The Deli Assistant Manager provides excellent customer satisfaction through the management and leadership of all deli clerks. This will be done by maintaining high standards in quality, variety, selection, food safety and sanitation for all products produced and sold in the deli. This is to be accomplished in accordance with Kroger-s policy on business ethics; through consistent and honest dealings with employees, vendors, customers and all outside parties.
Responsible for one-s own safety and the safety of those with whom you work
Achievement of an atmosphere where the customer is the task, enhancing our reputation for friendliness, approachability, creativity, flexibility, and salesmanship for the Deli Department.
Achievement of effective coordination of production, merchandising and sales through ongoing planning, direction, communication, goal setting, brainstorming and teamwork.
Achievement of trained Deli personnel who receive continual skills development and cross-training that guarantees career growth and adequate numbers of promotable personnel who meet or exceed expectations to fill key positions and/or future assignments.
- Achievement of optimum profitability through exciting and realistic merchandising, sufficient quantity, superior quality, and variety.
Achievement of a safe and clean working environment for personnel through safety awareness and training, well maintained equipment, and sanitation conditions that exceed government standards.
Some of the Competencies/Skills required to successfully perform this position are:
- Building Strategic Working Relationships - Developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Building Trust - Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization.
- Communication - Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Customer Focus - Making customers and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
- Inclusion - Appreciating and leveraging the capabilities, insights, and ideas of all individuals. Working effectively with individuals of diverse style, ability, and motivation for a direct effect on business results.
- Safety Awareness -Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
- Aligning Performance for Success - Focusing and guiding others in accomplishing work objectives.
- Applied Learning- Assimilating and applying new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Continuous Improvement - Originating action to improve existing conditions and processes; using appropriate methods to identify opportunities, implement solutions, and measure impact.
- Composure - Maintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
- Decision Making - Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Delegating Responsibility - Allocating decision-making authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate others to maximize the organization's and individuals' effectiveness.
- Developing Others - Planning and supporting the development of individuals' skills and abilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
- Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Managing Change - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work
environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Planning and Organizing - Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Results Oriented - Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment: using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goal attainment: tenaciously working to meet or exceed those goals while deriving satisfaction from the process of goal achievement and continuous improvement.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge, Compliance and Skills - Achieving a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position and/or related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise. Ensures associates and location comply with laws and regulation applicable to the company.
- Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Ability to handle stressful situations
* Effective oral and written communication skills
* Knowledge of basic math
* Ability to be flexible
* 2 years of restaurant or deli experience
* 2 years of management experience
Desired Previous Job Experience
* Retail Deli experience
* Retail management experience
$17.46 per hour
How to apply:
Resumes can be faxed to 303 778-3367 or click on apply now.
DRUG SCREENING: King Soopers' adheres to the philosophy of a DRUG FREE WORK ENVIRONMENT. To this end, we ask that our external Finalist Candidates PASS A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREEN prior to any job offer being made.