Job: Accounts Payable Clerk
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Under general supervision and guidance, performs a variety of detailed accounting duties in accordance with standard accounting procedures. The Accounts Payable Clerk’s responsibilities include vendor payments, rodeo secretary transfers, reporting, record keeping, service, and other duties as assigned by management. Works on assignments that are routine in nature where limited judgment is required. Normally receives detailed instructions on all work. Payments to the various vendors for all entities are to be made in a timely and accurate manner.
1. Secure department head approval and account coding for all invoices and/or check requests.
2. Post approved invoices in Accounts Payable system. Monitor closely to ensure zero duplication of invoices.
3. Issue checks based on established schedule, such that vendor payment terms are met.
4. Secure appropriate signatures on checks; ensure timely mailing once checks are signed.
5. Review and verify monthly corporate credit card activity, via accumulating, reviewing, and posting expense reports from cardholders along with associated receipts.
Rodeo Secretary Transfers involve transferring via wire or other electronic means the various items that become due from time to time from PRCA headquarters to the various rodeo secretaries, including “unpaids”, bad check reimbursements, escrow refunds and others.
1. Secure properly approve Check Request(s) from Member Records department.
2. Prepare transfer request document, specifying amount, receiving account number, routing number, and account name; as well as the proper PRCA disbursement account information.
3. Secure appropriate signature(s) on the transfer request document; fax to banking representative.
4. Prepare journal entry to record the transaction; secure appropriate approval and submit for posting.
Skills / Requirements
- Knowledge of accounting practices, preferred but not required
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented
- Proven team player
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Good mathematical aptitude
Apply below to be considered for the position today!